Time to stop flying?

Old April 14th, 2008, 08:15 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mike.....[_4_]

Default Time to stop flying?

Following up to William Black

Now you can explain exactly how I can simulate changes in depth of field on
an automatic digital camera.

you can on an SLR :-) I dont think digital has anything to do with your
problems, its finding a compact that is equipped like an SLR but without
the bulky interchangeable lenses. Surely it exists? I wouldnt waste my time
going into jessops and dixons, I would buy a "which camera" type mag and
read up.
--
"Mike....."(not "Mike")
remove clothing to email
Old April 14th, 2008, 08:26 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mike.....[_4_]

Following up to William Black

The worrying bit is that many years ago this sort of thing was the food and
drink of every school photographic society, and now it seems to be an
esoteric mystery available only to professional art photographers with five
thousand quid cameras...

no, its all still there, your problem is you want it in small. Theres a
digital compact with the leica label, have you looked at it?
--
"Mike....."(not "Mike")
remove clothing to email
Old April 14th, 2008, 08:45 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Mike.....[_4_]

Following up to Mr. Travel

It's a simlulation for amusement is right, like my Monopoly simulations
have qualified me to work for Trump.

Monoploy is a game with rules, play and a winner, it makes no effort to
simulate anything.

Yes, it is a "simulator", just like "The Sims".

I'm not familiar with "the sims" does it have scores and winners?

It's a TOY...........

it may well be a toy, its also a simulator and not a game. You are
confusing "profesional simulation" with "simulation".
--
"Mike....."(not "Mike")
remove clothing to email
Old April 14th, 2008, 08:49 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mike.....[_4_]

Following up to Mike.....

I would buy a "which camera" type mag and
read up.

there is also a good camera review website but im failing to find it.
--
"Mike....."(not "Mike")
remove clothing to email
Old April 14th, 2008, 08:51 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Mike..... wrote:

Following up to Mr. Travel

It's a simlulation for amusement is right, like my Monopoly simulations
have qualified me to work for Trump.

Monoploy is a game with rules, play and a winner, it makes no effort to
simulate anything.

Yes, it is a "simulator", just like "The Sims".

I'm not familiar with "the sims"

That explains it!

does it have scores and winners?

Not the ones I've played, but it can have.

It's a TOY...........

it may well be a toy, its also a simulator and not a game. You are
confusing "profesional simulation" with "simulation".

You are narrowly defining game, I think.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate -www.davidhorne.net
(email address on website) "If people think God is interesting, the