Time to stop flying?

Old April 18th, 2008, 03:14 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Default Time to stop flying?

Mike.... wrote:

Following up to vid Horne, _the_ chancellor

I didnt say anything about people not knowing they had aptitude.

I'm rejecting your fuzzy notion of aptitude.

fuzzy is it? All people have equal abilities, do they?

No.

Are you saying these prodigies who master the violin or maths at
improbable ages are doing it just be work rate?

would *any* child given the opportunity and doing the work do as well?

Many would.

not all then, thats my point.

You're not making a point here. You have no way of proving that a young
prodigy was inately going to turn out that way. What goes into all of
this is a very complex equation, despite your attempts to simplify it
into the talented and the untalanted.

clearly a child with an obvious learning difficulty or physical imparement
would not. The same must be true of less obvious lack of ability by degree.

This is quite obvious.

that I have happened upon a new brand of PCness?

What's PC about it?

believing everybody is equal in ability

Not what I said.

I think it's rather un-PC in fact, the view I'm taking. That is, people
aren't lacking ability-

but we dont start equal. Thats why we make a point of talking only about
equal *opportunities*

That's not relevant here.

but they often lack the other valuable assets
required- such as a penchant for hard work.

they might or might not. (you are there admitting talent is a factor by the
way)

If hard work is talent, then so be it.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate -www.davidhorne.net
(email address on website) "If people think God is interesting, the
Old April 18th, 2008, 04:08 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
William Black

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
William Black wrote:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

[]
Then you don't understand the work. That's a bit like saying that
professional musicians can't possibly enjoy playing music at home after
doing
it at work.

They practice at home.

They also play the stuff they want to play.

When you get paid you play what they pay you for.

They may not be the same thing.

Top level pianists will generally play what they want, or in some cases
give a selection of what they want to play, and the promoters can
choose.

And how many of those are there?

Two dozen?

--