Time to stop flying?

Old April 18th, 2008, 04:11 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Default Time to stop flying?

William Black wrote:

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
William Black wrote:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

[]
Then you don't understand the work. That's a bit like saying that
professional musicians can't possibly enjoy playing music at home after
doing
it at work.

They practice at home.

They also play the stuff they want to play.

When you get paid you play what they pay you for.

They may not be the same thing.

Top level pianists will generally play what they want, or in some cases
give a selection of what they want to play, and the promoters can
choose.

And how many of those are there?

Two dozen?

It's standard practise for concert pianists on the international stage,
of which there are hundreds- you don't know what you're talking about
here, I'm afraid.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate -www.davidhorne.net
(email address on website) "If people think God is interesting, the
Old April 18th, 2008, 04:51 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
William Black

William Black wrote:

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
William Black wrote:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
[]
Then you don't understand the work. That's a bit like saying that
professional musicians can't possibly enjoy playing music at home
after
doing
it at work.

They practice at home.

They also play the stuff they want to play.

When you get paid you play what they pay you for.

They may not be the same thing.

Top level pianists will generally play what they want, or in some cases
give a selection of what they want to play, and the promoters can
choose.

And how many of those are there?

Two dozen?

It's standard practise for concert pianists on the international stage,
of which there are hundreds- you don't know what you're talking about
here, I'm afraid.

Very true.

The world of professional players of classical music is closed to me.

I have two friends who are very skilled and talented, but neither can make
a living playing.

One has a family and refuses to travel, the other has cerebral palsy and is
in a wheel chair and so can't get down into an orchestra pit and so is
essentially unemployable in that field.

Both play professionally, both have other jobs.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old April 18th, 2008, 05:09 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Mike....[_4_]

Following up to William Black

the other has cerebral palsy and is
in a wheel chair and so can't get down into an orchestra pit and so is
essentially unemployable in that field.

I'm surprised he can play at all, i have a acquaintance who has that and
hillwalks as a hobby, valiantly, successfully and badly. I cant imagine he
could play an instrument, but I suspect it effects differently?
--
"Mike....."(not "Mike")
remove clothing to email
Old April 18th, 2008, 05:40 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Mxsmanic

Tim C. writes:

but only if the FAA lets him/her.

There isn't a lot of enforcement at the private-pilot level.
Old April 18th, 2008, 06:20 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
William Black

"Mike...." wrote in message
Following up to William Black

the other has cerebral palsy and is
in a wheel chair and so can't get down into an orchestra pit and so is
essentially unemployable in that field.

I'm surprised he can play at all,

She.

i have a acquaintance who has that and
hillwalks as a hobby, valiantly, successfully and badly. I cant imagine he
could play an instrument, but I suspect it effects differently?

Grade 8 plus recital thingy.

Her speech is slurred and she can't use her legs but she's played at the
Festival Hall.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old April 18th, 2008, 06:31 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Benjamin Dover

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Tim C. writes:

but only if the FAA lets him/her.

There isn't a lot of enforcement at the private-pilot level.

Mixi, ever the dumb ****, has never been at a GA airport when the FAA is
going around doing ramp checks.

Old April 18th, 2008, 06:53 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
dgs[_7_]

Mxsmanic wrote:

I hate to travel

So why do you repeatedly post to travel newgroups?