Last minute PANIC (packing)

Old January 18th, 2005, 12:05 AM
Monica

Default Last minute PANIC (packing)

Where these last 3 months went I have NO idea! I'm sure I'm packing WAY too
much but I can't figure out what to leave behind lol My suitcases all
stack into eachother. So for storing purposes, I'd have one large suitcase.
Also plan on taking a garment bag, average size duffle bag, and a overnight
case(on wheels). And then there's the camera bag (actually a laptop
computer bag). We're in a double outside w/balcony room (there's two of
us). Viewing the virtual tour of the stateroom, it looks like there will be
enough room for everything. I bought an over the door shoe bag to store
toiletries and makeup. Does this sound like it will all fit?

--
Monica

Old January 18th, 2005, 12:15 AM
blackbird

Name of ships would have helped.... I will be on the Seven Seas
Mariner in mid Feb and all staterooms have walk in Closet.

Plus most bags fit under the beds when not in use.

Old January 18th, 2005, 12:31 AM
Monica

So sorry! I told you I was in panic mode lol
Grand Princess, balcony double.

Old January 18th, 2005, 01:06 AM
blackbird

Look like you will have enough room. Under the bed for most of them.
If you have a shoe hanging thingy you can use the bottom of the closet
for some bags.

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 18:31:29 -0600, "Monica" wrote:

So sorry! I told you I was in panic mode lol
Grand Princess, balcony double.
.. .

Old January 18th, 2005, 03:04 AM

While not directly related to your question....one of the most important
things to do is MAKE A LIST. The standard axiom is to take twice as much
money as you'l need....but only half the clothes you think you'll need.

There are several "packing lists" on the 'Net. One of the most important
things they stress is "mix and match". At home, most of us wear the same
outfit from sunup until we get ready to go to bed at night. That's not the
case on a cruise...where your "good" outfits (dresses/nice shirts/the like)
are only worn for half the day.

Because of that, the shirt I wear for one day at home can be worn for two at
sea. On one of the days I cover that shirt with an inexpensive sweatervest.
If I use that vest three times (which only covers 80% of the shirt)...I can
delete three shirts from what I need to pack.

Just one idea. I'm sure you can think of many more.

--jim

Old January 18th, 2005, 12:47 PM
mb

Monica wrote:
Where these last 3 months went I have NO idea! I'm sure I'm packing WAY too
much but I can't figure out what to leave behind lol My suitcases all
stack into eachother. So for storing purposes, I'd have one large suitcase.
Also plan on taking a garment bag, average size duffle bag, and a overnight
case(on wheels). And then there's the camera bag (actually a laptop
computer bag). We're in a double outside w/balcony room (there's two of
us). Viewing the virtual tour of the stateroom, it looks like there will be
enough room for everything. I bought an over the door shoe bag to store
toiletries and makeup. Does this sound like it will all fit?

--
Monica

This is not directly related either but don't forget any medicines -
even over the counter ones. On our last cruise I didn't bother bringing
some muscle relaxants for my back as are readily available over the
counter in Canada. My back had been feeling great for months and I was
sure I would not have an issue. After 5 hrs in planes I arrived in Miami
at the same time my wonky back did. No problem - I decided to buy some
at the drugstore only to find I needed a Dr note. Long story short - the
first 2 days were not as comfortable as they should have been.

Pack your medicines!

Old January 18th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Candy

On our first cruise, since we were told the gift shop would not carry
everything we might need, we took one duffel bag full of every cosmetic
and toiletry imaginable (this was before we could afford to tip a
porter, and carried all the bags ourselves - 2 suitcases and a carry-on
each plus one hanging bag). We used a few things, but most of it stayed
under the bed for the whole week. We have since learned to streamline
and have eliminated two cases.

Here is my packing list - just a guideline so you won't forget something
important. The lists can be printed individually.

http://home.g-net.net/~cbrock/Packing.html

Candy