What do you all do

Old January 2nd, 2012, 06:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jr.[_6_]

Default What do you all do

to protect your valuables when you go to the beach on an excursion?

I mean like what to do with your wallet, cash, credit cards, iPod, etc. when
you go into the water and you have nobody to watch them for you.

Some beaches have places to make purchases or buy drinks and I enjoy my
tunes while relaxing on the beach.

Old January 2nd, 2012, 08:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Jr. wrote:

to protect your valuables when you go to the beach on an excursion?

I mean like what to do with your wallet, cash, credit cards, iPod, etc. when
you go into the water and you have nobody to watch them for you.

Some beaches have places to make purchases or buy drinks and I enjoy my
tunes while relaxing on the beach.

I keep cash, credit cards in a waterproof wallet that seals that I take
in the water. They will hold a small iPod like the Nano. I stick that
in a zippered pocket in my swim trunks. Some will hold a larger iPod
touch or iPhone. There are also hard cases that have a wrist strap. If
you get a hard case, don't get the cheap ones though as the seal and
hinges break. Get an Otterbox or Pelican Dry Box.

--
Charles
Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 11:34:03 -0600, "Jr." wrote:

to protect your valuables when you go to the beach on an excursion?

I mean like what to do with your wallet, cash, credit cards, iPod, etc. when
you go into the water and you have nobody to watch them for you.

Some beaches have places to make purchases or buy drinks and I enjoy my
tunes while relaxing on the beach.

I go with someone who stays on the beach with the stuff. :-)

Actually all I take when I get off the ship is one credit card, my room key, a
very small amount of cash and maybe my passport. The passport would be the only
thing I ould worry about. For a credit card - it doesn't matter if it gets wet
anyway. Cash should still be OK too. I don't take a wallet to the beach or any
kind of phone.

My camera would be what I would worry about, and if I was at the beach I would
take the dive/waterproof camera.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 12:28 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article ,
wrote:

Actually all I take when I get off the ship is one credit card, my
room key, a very small amount of cash and maybe my passport. The
passport would be the only thing I ould worry about. For a credit
card - it doesn't matter if it gets wet anyway. Cash should still be
OK too. I don't take a wallet to the beach or any kind of phone.

My passport always stays in the cabin safe on a cruise. I take my
drivers license and a copy of my passport front page off the ship at
ports.

--
Charles