Internet or Travel Agent

Old October 7th, 2003, 06:21 AM

Default Internet or Travel Agent

Is it usually better to book by searching the Internet, or using a travel
agent? I assume it would depend upon the travel agent?

Thanks,
Richard

Old October 7th, 2003, 01:23 PM
JLeary256

I haven't used a face to face agent since the early 80's, using then 800 cruise
only agents. I now search for low fares and book on the net. BUT I need no
service and only a valid ticket. If you need more- then you have to be
choosier about an agent.
Old October 7th, 2003, 02:10 PM
Rich Cacace

Since I always know exactly what I want in a cruise I search for the
Internet for the lowest prices & then call the TA directly to book taking
very little of his/her time. I'm always up front with them about looking
for the lowest price & always get at least the price I've found on my own &
sometimes a little better.
Rich in Jersey
. ..

Old October 7th, 2003, 09:50 PM
Dick Goldhaber

Two good answers, Richard.

We have "special needs" and thus we always use a TA.

There are a bunch of TA's who post here, and I am sure that you can use any
of them safely.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

. ..

Old October 8th, 2003, 01:32 AM
Jay Stearman

I always book with my TA and his prices are always at least as low as
any of the Internet fares and usually better.