Hawaii

Old January 27th, 2004, 10:21 PM

Default Hawaii

Any comments on Norwegian's 7-day Hawaiin Island cruise (which just cruises
among the islands)?

We're thinking of doing this cruise in October.

Thanks.

Old January 28th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Now Voyager

My partner and I were on this cruise in mid-November 2003. We had a
wonderful time and would do it again if there weren't so many other
places in the world to see!

We thought the ship was very nice and the largest we've sailed on yet.
We really enjoyed the FreeStyle dining but didn't expect to. We only
ate once in the Versailles restaurant primarily because of the
terrible amount of vibration that was there. We ate in some of the
other reservation restaurants, Le Bistro 2x, Soho 2x, Endless Summer
once, and Ginza once. The food in each of these restaurants was
excellent, the service was very professional but there was a limited
choice on the menus - maybe 4 to 6 entrees, 3 or 4 appetizers, 1 or 2
salads (not bad but there were only maybe 2 items on each menu that
appealed to me so I was somewhat limited)

We were upgraded from a minimum inside cabin to an outside with
porthole which worked out great (officially 9 category upgrade but in
reality, it would have been across the hall!). The cabin was very
nice with a great bathroom - ours even had 2 fridges!

I have a web site with pictures and our review if you care to check it
out: http://home.tampabay.rr.com/dblaze1/index.htm

Feel free to ask specific questions.

Doug