fleet standards

Old December 15th, 2011, 09:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gadget World

Default fleet standards

Charles

You look great "hanging out" at Orient Beach

Gadget

Old December 16th, 2011, 01:19 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
MAS

On 12/15/2011 10:18 AM, Charles wrote:
Or you could be on Holland America and order an expresso coffees in the
dining room with all meals. This week I am on Nieuw Amsterdam and they
still don't charge for expresso coffees.

Sitting on Orient Beach now using the free WiFi at the Bikini Beach bar.
Sunny but windy and rough surf.

I really really really dislike people who are on a cruise when I'm
not.......

Marsha in Ohio----has to wait until April

Old December 17th, 2011, 11:49 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cruise Crazy

"I'm going to miss that Diamond breakfast on Celebrity. Theirs is only a
Continental, not a full breakfast. "

anet when we were onthe Eclipse last February they not only had a very
nice continental breakfast but also served
Bloody Marys, Bellinis and Mimosas.

~~Doris~~ Who will be on the Costellation in April

Old December 17th, 2011, 11:54 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cruise Crazy

This is the first year we haven't cruised in December. I am so jealous
of those who have.

~Doris~ Who has to wait until Jan. to cruise on the Ryndam

Old December 17th, 2011, 05:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

On 12/17/2011 4:49 AM, Cruise Crazy wrote:
"I'm going to miss that Diamond breakfast on Celebrity. Theirs is only a
Continental, not a full breakfast. "

anet when we were onthe Eclipse last February they not only had a very
nice continental breakfast but also served
Bloody Marys, Bellinis and Mimosas.

~~Doris~~ Who will be on the Costellation in April

Thanks, Doris. I don't care for alcohol in the morning. I'd rather have
a nice egg-white omelet with Swiss cheese and mushrooms and a big cup of
espresso. That's why I like RCI's Diamond breakfast better.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 20:03:14 -0600, Janet Wilder wrote:

On 12/14/2011 3:47 PM, Charles wrote:
Janet wrote:

I'm going to miss that Diamond breakfast on Celebrity. Theirs is only a
Continental, not a full breakfast.

On Allure though they only have a continental breakfast in the Diamond
Club. Diamond Plus and suites get a full breakfast and lunch in the
concierge lounge.

On Celebrity I go Michaels Club before breakfast since they do have fresh
squeezed orange juice and specialty coffee. On my last Celebrity cruise the
specialty coffee was not from an automatic machine. It was made to order by
the attendant.

I don't drink orange juice. I like my made to order omelet served to me
at a table so that I don't have to wait in a line like at the buffet. I
like espresso coffee. I'd rather have the coffee with the omelet than
having to get my coffee first then go to the dining room for my omelet.

I don't drink OJ OR coffee of any kind, but I really really don't like waiting
in line at the buffet, so I'd rather have a luke warm anything served to me than
to go to any kind of buffet. I don't like the way RCI has a buffet for some
items in the dining room at breakfast and lunch. If I wanted to go to the
buffet, I wouldn't have come to the dining room.

I'm just a picky old broad, but RCI's Diamond breakfast suits me better
than Michael's Club on Celebrity.

I can't speak to either of those - I doubt if we will ever be Diamond on RCI.