FYI: Pride of Aloha to take over Pride Of America

Old January 17th, 2004, 01:30 AM
Myron Hanch

Default FYI: Pride of Aloha to take over Pride Of America

just was looking on NCL's site... they are saying that the Pride of Aloha
will
take over Pride of America's routes until repairs complete. Sorry if this
has
been already posted but I have not noticed anything yet ...

Old January 17th, 2004, 01:35 AM
Myron Hanch

Default Pride of Aloha to take over Pride Of America

details:

http://www.ncl.com/news/prideofamerica_011603.htm

Old January 17th, 2004, 02:40 AM
Cruising Chrissy

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 00:30:58 GMT, "Myron Hanch"
wrote:

just was looking on NCL's site... they are saying that the Pride of Aloha
will
take over Pride of America's routes until repairs complete. Sorry if this
has
been already posted but I have not noticed anything yet ...

Sucks, Different ship.

The Not So Fine Art Of Google - Go To Top Of Thread
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E29A321E6
Old January 17th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Berniez

I buddy of mine is booked on that now sunk ship. He is scheduled to sail
in July. NCL is now going to rebook him and his wife on the refitted (as
in old refurb) ship Pride of Aloha. I am wondering if NCL will
compensate the cruisers for placing them on a refurb ship instead of
what they expected to be a brand new ship. Sort of like giving a
customer a reconditioned used car instead of their brand new car that
got smashed in transit and expecting the same money for it. At least he
will have a ship to be on. It seems to me, NCL should offer these people
some kind of on ship credit or return some of their money as
compensation for not getting what they payed for.
Bernie

Old January 17th, 2004, 04:42 PM
WofpackFan

Berniez wrote:

in old refurb) ship Pride of Aloha. I am wondering if NCL will
compensate the cruisers for placing them on a refurb ship instead of
what they expected to be a brand new ship. Sort of like giving a
customer a reconditioned used car instead of their brand new car that

I think I've read it all now. Sheesh, it's not like the Norwegian Sky
is/was a garbage scowl. To ask for compensation because you will be
sailing on an older "refurbished" ship is absolutely ridiculous.

Old January 17th, 2004, 05:57 PM
Warren H. Davis

NCL is now going to rebook him and his wife on the refitted (as
in old refurb) ship Pride of Aloha.

Norwegian Sky is hardly an old tub. She was brand new in the fall of 1999 and
quite stylish. After her refurbishment she should be even more stunning.

Warren

remove the drink to email Y
Old January 17th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Rick King

Norwegian Sky is hardly an old tub. She was brand new in the fall of 1999
and
quite stylish. After her refurbishment she should be even more stunning.

While I quite agree the Sky is not a "old tub"....I know some pax will be
disappointed in not sailing the Pride. I am one of them...my brother was
going to get married on the ship in August. We will probably stick with the
Sky, but there is some disappointment in the fact it won't be the Pride. I
also don't expect NCL to comp me for anything...this is quite beyond their
control.

Later

Rick

Old January 17th, 2004, 08:04 PM
Charles

In article , Berniez
wrote:

It seems to me, NCL should offer these people
some kind of on ship credit or return some of their money as
compensation for not getting what they payed for.

It is not an old ship but if they are not satisfied with the change
they an cancel now and get a full refund since the cruise is not until
July.

--
Charles
Old January 17th, 2004, 08:15 PM
Peri

This excerpt from the statement on NCL's website seems to indicate that they'll
do everything possible to make amends for the situation:

"The previously published itinerary of Pride of Aloha will be cancelled and
booked passengers will receive an attractive offer to move to the Pride of
Aloha's new schedule. When the new delivery date of Pride of America is known,
NCL will announce the combined deployment of the two NCL America ships.

Norwegian Sky passengers booked in Alaska will be similarly accommodated with
full details available next week."

The full statement is at http://ncl.com/news/prideofamerica_011603.htm

~ Peri

Old January 18th, 2004, 12:58 AM
Cruising Chrissy

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:42:49 GMT, WofpackFan
wrote:

I think I've read it all now. Sheesh, it's not like the Norwegian Sky
is/was a garbage scowl. To ask for compensation because you will be
sailing on an older "refurbished" ship is absolutely ridiculous.

Sure but the [ax paid for e new ship on a maiden repositioning that
was built for freestyle etc etc etc.

Even trade for Mercedes 500 for a Cadillac?