RCCL implementing fees for Johnny Rockets

Old March 9th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Bill C

Default RCCL implementing fees for Johnny Rockets

I just read on www.Cruise Critic.com that Royal Caribbean will now be
charging a $3.95 fee for eating at Johnny Rockets. The fee will also be for
take out orders. The fee started with the Mariner of the Sea this week and
will start March 13 on the Navigator of the Sea.
Of course the reason for the charge is the same one they use all the time,
"to manage demand for the restaurant".

Sorry if this was already posted.

Bill

Old March 9th, 2004, 08:25 PM
DaFlaBear

This will affect families with children more than others.
I always thought it was a greasy spoon, (HEAVY on the grease).
They do have great Malts and Shakes though, but we ALREADY had to pay
for them.
Don't forget they tried this fee thing early on and it was a failure.
They went back to it being free (except for beverages).

Old March 9th, 2004, 08:46 PM
HDawson228

Everytime I went to JR's on Navigator there was a tremendous line of people
waiting for a seat. Food was good and shakes were outstanding. Maybe it is
indeed a way of controlling the lines. With today's low cruise fares, I guess
it won't hurt the bottom line either.
Old March 9th, 2004, 09:16 PM
mgb

Don't know what the big deal about Johnny Rockets is to be honest. Just
cam back from the Explorer of the Seas and my wife and I had lunch there
one day. Only so-so as far as I was concerned. Only so much you can do
to a hamburger.

Mike

Old March 9th, 2004, 09:34 PM
kuki

If there are lines for Johnny Rockets it seems the decision by people
whether to stand and wait in them, or not, would "control the demand".

You can sell me on the idea it's worth an extra charge for a "fine dining"
experience, with improved attention to service and details.

BUT.. for better hamburgers, fries and onions rings??? Just an excuse to dig
into my pocket again!

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
http://www.cruisemates.com

Old March 9th, 2004, 10:13 PM
LES!

"mgb" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
Don't know what the big deal about Johnny Rockets is to be honest. Just
cam back from the Explorer of the Seas and my wife and I had lunch there
one day. Only so-so as far as I was concerned. Only so much you can do
to a hamburger.

Mike

LOL! Exactly!

I had heard for years that Fuddruckers was "the shiz". So I finally broke
down and tried it. ACK! Everything was fine except for that bread! YUK! What
the hell is that? I live in New Mexico where "Fry Bread" is common, and the
crap they used at Fudds was worse than Fry Bread!

That said, I probably wouldn't ever try a "premium" or extra pay restaurant
on a cruise ship. To me, it's fundamentally wrong to charge extra for a meal
when for the most part, the cruise is listed as "all inclusive". I know, all
(or most) cruiselines have the extra money dining rooms. But still, it just
doesn't seem right to me lol.

Alcohol, I can kind of understand (however, the prices seem REALLY
exaggerated)

I am leery of my cruise because of it. I'm gonna look like and idiot when I
ask "How much is this?" Before I say yes.

--

LES!

NOTE: Begin tasteless and "too long" signature here.

"It takes the Village People to raise a child. Sometimes you need a cowboy,
sometimes you need a cop, and sometimes you need a big gay Indian."

- Unknown (possibly Dharma & Greg)

a disturbing new study shows that studies are disturbing.

-ellen

===================================

To email me privately, remove your lips from my ass!

NOTE: End tasteless and "too long" signature here.

Old March 9th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Paul Krause

I can go to JR locally any time. Can't really see the attraction of a
chain restaurant on a ship. it is not why I cruise.

Old March 9th, 2004, 10:41 PM
HDawson228

Les. I agree about Fudruckers. Great condiments but JR's burgers are much
better to my humble taste buds. I really like an occaisional good burger.
Old March 9th, 2004, 10:46 PM
RICK DAVIS

Les, You noted alcohol prices being exagerated. Thats why so many
people sneak it on the ships. Some people in this NG get outraged by
this. But if they can sell a bottle of Vodka for $9 why charge $5 for 1
drink. And not even offer a happy hour during the afternoon with
reduced prices. Money and greed makes the world go around.

Old March 9th, 2004, 10:58 PM
George Leppla

"Bill C" wrote

I just read on www.Cruise Critic.com that Royal Caribbean will now be
charging a $3.95 fee for eating at Johnny Rockets.

They tried this before and abandoned it when the passengers abandoned Johnny
Rockets. I like Johnny Rockets but not enough to stand in line for more
than a few minutes and certainly not enough to pay for it.

This is one policy that will truly be reviewed by the passenger's response.
My advice... eat in the Windjammer or the dining room. If enough people do
that, Royal Caribbean will get the message once again.

--
George in PA http://www.countryside-travel.com

r.t.c. Great Land Cruise-Las Vegas http://www.cruisemaster.com/lvbash.htm
Sleazy 3 - Carnival Conquest http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy3.htm