A Travel and vacations forum. TravelBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » TravelBanter forum » Travelling Style » Cruises
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

The Pride of America



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 25th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Dan Eppinger
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default The Pride of America


Does anyone have any first hand info on the Pride of America? It seems
that all I am able to find on this group is "general" comments on
cruises and cruise ships. If anyone has actually sailed on this
vessel, I would appreciate any advice, as we are considering it to
Hawaii and it is the only cruise line that goes to Hawaii in August,
2006.

Thanks for your help,

Dan
  #2  
Old August 25th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default



Dan Eppinger wrote:

Does anyone have any first hand info on the Pride of America? It seems
that all I am able to find on this group is "general" comments on
cruises and cruise ships. If anyone has actually sailed on this
vessel, I would appreciate any advice, as we are considering it to
Hawaii and it is the only cruise line that goes to Hawaii in August,
2006.


If you go to google and do a search on "Pride of America" you will
find that it has been discussed here on RTC. There is also at least
one review that was posted in July, here is the link to the review via
google:

http://tinyurl.com/8jlm4

sue
  #3  
Old August 25th, 2005, 09:07 PM
How B
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default



Dan Eppinger wrote:
Does anyone have any first hand info on the Pride of America? It seems
that all I am able to find on this group is "general" comments on
cruises and cruise ships. If anyone has actually sailed on this
vessel, I would appreciate any advice, as we are considering it to
Hawaii and it is the only cruise line that goes to Hawaii in August,
2006.


There's a bunch at Cruise Critic:
http://tinyurl.com/85nsa

Read 'em and weep, LOL. No, seriously, if you go with limited
expectations (food and service-wise), you might be pleasantly surprised.
The main attraction in this case would be Hawaii, not the ship, right?
Also, cabins appear to be very small compared to the rest of the major
lines: inside 132 ft2, outside 144 ft2, balcony 169 ft2.

How B

  #4  
Old August 25th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Ermalee McCauley
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I have a friend who just returned last week. She was with me on
NCL Spirit in April and loved everything about it.
After the Pride of America, she said she wouldn't recommend it.
Service in all areas was poor; folks had trouble getting bathroom
tissue, getting trash emptied, beds made, etc.
Food was mediocre and service was poor.
She did say, however, that the ship is beautiful.
OTOH, the ship is pretty new, and by now they may have had time to
get their act together.
Oh, she did say the food in the specialty restaurants was no better
than any other dining area, and that it took over 2 hours to get
their food.

Ermalee ---noting that this was my friend's second cruise; I think
the NCL Spirit spoiled her for other ships. I know it's
at the top of my list of favorites :-)

How B wrote:



Dan Eppinger wrote:

Does anyone have any first hand info on the Pride of America? It seems
that all I am able to find on this group is "general" comments on
cruises and cruise ships. If anyone has actually sailed on this
vessel, I would appreciate any advice, as we are considering it to
Hawaii and it is the only cruise line that goes to Hawaii in August,
2006.



There's a bunch at Cruise Critic:
http://tinyurl.com/85nsa

Read 'em and weep, LOL. No, seriously, if you go with limited
expectations (food and service-wise), you might be pleasantly surprised.
The main attraction in this case would be Hawaii, not the ship, right?
Also, cabins appear to be very small compared to the rest of the major
lines: inside 132 ft2, outside 144 ft2, balcony 169 ft2.

How B


  #5  
Old August 25th, 2005, 09:36 PM
mrtravel
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Ermalee McCauley wrote:

I have a friend who just returned last week. She was with me on
NCL Spirit in April and loved everything about it.
After the Pride of America, she said she wouldn't recommend it.
Service in all areas was poor; folks had trouble getting bathroom
tissue, getting trash emptied, beds made, etc.
Food was mediocre and service was poor.
She did say, however, that the ship is beautiful.
OTOH, the ship is pretty new, and by now they may have had time to
get their act together.


Is this because it has more Americans working on it?
  #6  
Old August 26th, 2005, 04:28 AM
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

mrtravel wrote:
Ermalee McCauley wrote:

I have a friend who just returned last week. She was with me on
NCL Spirit in April and loved everything about it.
After the Pride of America, she said she wouldn't recommend it.
Service in all areas was poor; folks had trouble getting bathroom
tissue, getting trash emptied, beds made, etc.
Food was mediocre and service was poor.
She did say, however, that the ship is beautiful.
OTOH, the ship is pretty new, and by now they may have had time to
get their act together.



Is this because it has more Americans working on it?


Could be! We spoiled Americans have to have others in the world
community show us how to work.

--
Why is it the sensors seeking intelligent life are pointed away from earth?
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PRIDE OF AMERICA - Extensive Review & Hundreds of Photos! E.k.R. Cruises 13 July 13th, 2005 03:36 PM
Anatol Lieven-America Right or Wrong: An Anatomy of American Nationalism Foxtrot Europe 1 March 31st, 2005 02:47 PM
Anatol Lieven-America Right or Wrong: An Anatomy of American Nationalism Foxtrot Europe 0 March 31st, 2005 02:28 PM
NCL New Pride of America Itinerary! Ray Goldenberg Cruises 22 August 4th, 2004 01:37 PM
holland america cruise holland america cruise line alaska cruise holland america holland america cruise ship Islam Promote Peace Cruises 3 July 31st, 2004 10:31 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 TravelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.