Transferring bookings

Old May 18th, 2004, 01:03 PM
villa deauville

Default Transferring bookings

When booking a future cruise while on a ship one has to give the name of
their T/A so booking request can be sent to him/her.
If one wants to change that by transferring to a different T/A can it
be done?.

SUNNY...........cruising is still a learning process.as is life

S'nd I
XXX

Old May 18th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Lunyma

When booking a future cruise while on a ship one has to give the name of
their T/A so booking request can be sent to him/her.
If one wants to change that by transferring to a different T/A can it
be done?.

From MY experience, the cruiseline will generally, automatically, transfer the
new booking to the agent who booked your current cruise (the one you are on, at
the time of new booking). It CAN be changed however, if you do not want to use
the same agent. Just let them know onboard, that you wish to use a different
agent.

Pam

Old May 18th, 2004, 04:18 PM
villa deauville

I was really asking if when one gets home and would like to transfer the
booking from A to B

SUNNY..........decisions, decisions

Old May 18th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Lunyma

I was really asking if when one gets home and would like to transfer the
booking from A to B

SUNNY..........decisions, decisions

Yes, Sunny... It can be done when you get home, but if the cruiseline has
already released the booking to the *agent of record* (the one who booked the
cruise you were on), then THAT agent has to release the booking, in writing, to
the cruiseline.

Pam

Old May 18th, 2004, 08:00 PM
jtc

and the original agent of record may want to "know why" you
are making this transfer ...especially if they have been
your agent of record for some time....that happened to us
and it was very uncomfortable with the original agent of
record. However, it didn't deter us from going with the "new
agent" who has become our regular agent of record
since......just another perspective on this

--

all incoming and outgoing mail scanned with Norton AntiVirus
protection

Old May 18th, 2004, 11:40 PM
Gaultchar

If you book onboard you can request that the cruiseline hold the booking...not
transfer it to any agent at that time. Then you can transfer it to any travel
agent you want after you get home. Much simpler that way--you won't have a
disgruntled TA to have to deal with if you want to take the booking from them
and give it to another agent.
Old May 19th, 2004, 01:31 AM
Cruising Chrissy

On Tue, 18 May 2004 19:00:01 GMT, "jtc" wrote:

and the original agent of record may want to "know why" you
are making this transfer ...especially if they have been
your agent of record for some time....that happened to us
and it was very uncomfortable with the original agent of
record. However, it didn't deter us from going with the "new
agent" who has become our regular agent of record
since......just another perspective on this

You sound like a broken record.
Old May 20th, 2004, 03:36 AM

Hi Sunny,
When we book a future cruise while onboard, we do not give a travel
agent. Then when we decide where and when we want to take the cruise we
shop around for the best price. Just give the agent you choose the
booking number and they can take care of the details.
~~DORIS~~