Cruises:Then and now

Old March 24th, 2009, 03:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

Default Cruises:Then and now

On Mar 23, 7:02�pm, Warren wrote:
On Mar 23, 5:14�pm, (Surfer E2468) wrote:

we still prefer the
smaller ships,at least you could sit on the promenade deck and enjoy
looking out to sea. That is a lost art on the new larger ships.

That's odd. I could swear that my favorite spot on Explorer of the
Seas was the aft
promenade sitting on a lounge chair. Ditto Noordam, Crown Princess,
Adventure of the Seas,
etc. etc. etc.

Maybe I imagined it.

Warren

Your right... there is still places to sit and watch the ocean
ACTUALLy more places, Most ships have a top deck over where the Pool
is and many nooks and Crannies where you can go for Peace and
latitude....
Susette
Cruiseoutlets and travel
www.cruiseoutlets.com
856 853 9515
Old March 24th, 2009, 03:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Mar 23, 9:09�pm, (Surfer E2468) wrote:
I do not always complain about our cruises,but once in a while there is
a lot to be desired,i am weeding out the ships we do not like,but will
continue to sail princess,hal,and celebrity,and maybe if price is right
carnival,but never ncl

� � � � � cruise lover(~~~~~)

.

Heck if any cruise line is losing its Luster and has fallen in
Service and all it be Princess! What the heck is happening with
them??? So why not RCCL??

Susette
Cruiseoutlets and travel
www.cruiseoutlets.com
856 853 9515
Old March 24th, 2009, 06:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John Sisker John Sisker is offline
Banned

Interesting question, but at least for us, one based on perspective,
mindset, and expectations, more than anything else. Our first cruise was in
1986, aboard the Azure Seas (Western Cruise Line), so everything since would
seem like a major improvement... and it was. Ships got bigger and more
sophisticated. Service hopefully improved.

Yet, while our expectations may have become more demanding over the years in
comparison, from our prospective, hopefully we have not turned into cruising
snobs. Our perspective is to be on a ship, just about any ship. But, that's
us. We can make do with just about anything, being careful not to let our
expectations rule the enjoyment, that no matter what, and turn a positive
into a negative, with sometimes unrealistic expectations.

Naturally, we want and except some of the finer things in life, after all we
earned it. But this mindset does and should not ruin the enjoyment we can
find in just about anything. But, as I said, that's just us. Our clients may
be a different story, and rightfully so. After all, it is their cruise, and
our goal is to get them the right cruise at the right price!

Happy sailing...
John

Old March 24th, 2009, 09:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

You can get places to sit,but almost all of them are on the top
decks,and in the sun,and some people cannot tolerate strong sun,but
still enjoy cruising,and would like a place to sit in the shade.also you
can sit by the pools,but can't always get a place because people go very
early and stake out their lounges for the full day,and god help you
ifyou try to ask them to either sit there or remove their belongings.
some take a lounge and then never come back all day.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old March 24th, 2009, 10:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Surfer E2468" wrote in message
You can get places to sit,but almost all of them are on the top
decks,and in the sun,and some people cannot tolerate strong sun,but
still enjoy cruising,and would like a place to sit in the shade.also you
can sit by the pools,but can't always get a place because people go very
early and stake out their lounges for the full day,and god help you
ifyou try to ask them to either sit there or remove their belongings.
some take a lounge and then never come back all day.

Annie, can you give me an example of a ship that you think doesn't have
chairs on the promenade deck below the lifeboats? I've been on over 40
cruises and every ship I've been on has had deck chairs on the promenade
deck, if I recall correctly.

--Tom

Old March 24th, 2009, 10:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Sue Mullen
wrote:

QM2 I didn't even think about, but I seem to remember the Crown class
being the largest afloat untill the Freedom came along. If you have
time, would you check this out for us. I would really like to know, but
don't have time today.

Voyager class is larger than Crown class. QM2 is larger than both.
Freedom Class is a little larger than QM2.

--
Charles
Old March 24th, 2009, 11:02 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Warren[_1_]

On Mar 24, 6:55*pm, Charles wrote:

Voyager class is larger than Crown class. QM2 is larger than both.
Freedom Class is a little larger than QM2.

And all have promenades with seating...

Warren
Old March 24th, 2009, 11:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Charles wrote:
In article , Sue Mullen
wrote:

QM2 I didn't even think about, but I seem to remember the Crown class
being the largest afloat untill the Freedom came along. If you have
time, would you check this out for us. I would really like to know, but
don't have time today.

Voyager class is larger than Crown class. QM2 is larger than both.
Freedom Class is a little larger than QM2.

Thanks Charles, don't know why I thought the Crown was larger then the
Voyager class. At least I was right about the Freedom.lol

Charles, Tom K, is it almost time to start planning a NY/NJ/MD/Del
gathering? It has been too long since we have seen you.

sue
Old March 25th, 2009, 12:39 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

TOM:
The ncl majesty would not let you have lounge chairs on the promenade
deck,and on crown princess they only had a few little alcoves where you
could sit,and most times you did not have a chance in h--- of getting a
place to sit.I cannot remember the ship where all you had was a couple
benches to sit on. We are hoping the celebrity mercury has a nice
promenade deck,we shall see. But no
matter what,we still love cruising,and am thankful we are still in good
enough health to be able to do so. Had no trouble on any of the HAL
ships.They did not have plastic up along the rail,and you could enjoy
the sea view,and the breezes. Some ships when you sit you cannot see the
ocean,the view is blocked.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old March 25th, 2009, 12:52 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

"Tom K" wrote:

"Surfer E2468" wrote in message
You can get places to sit,but almost all of them are on the top
decks,and in the sun,and some people cannot tolerate strong sun,but
still enjoy cruising,and would like a place to sit in the shade.also you
can sit by the pools,but can't always get a place because people go very
early and stake out their lounges for the full day,and god help you
ifyou try to ask them to either sit there or remove their belongings.
some take a lounge and then never come back all day.

Annie, can you give me an example of a ship that you think doesn't have
chairs on the promenade deck below the lifeboats? I've been on over 40
cruises and every ship I've been on has had deck chairs on the promenade
deck, if I recall correctly.

--Tom

She gave an example but I don't remember which one it was and I don't
have that post anymore. But most of the people who have disputed it
have listed places that I would bet were in the sun. I think I've
seen one ship where there was no deck below the lifeboats