Hotel in Vienna

Old January 9th, 2015, 11:52 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ken Blake, MVP

Default Hotel in Vienna

In June of 2016, my wife and I will be on vacation in Vienna for a
week. Can someone recommend a hotel? We'd like one that is central,
near most of the museums, other tourist sites, and good restaurants.
If necessary, I'd be willing to pay up to 150 Euros a night, but I'd
prefer it to be closer to 100 Euros.

The hotel doesn't need to be luxurious, but it should be clean and
comfortable, in a safe neighborhood. And it should have an elevator;
we don't want to have to walk up stairs to get to our room.

It's not absolutely necessary, but I'd like it have free Wi-Fi.

I see that some hotels have air conditioning, but others don't. Will
we need AC in Vienna in June?

Old January 13th, 2015, 09:11 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Athel Cornish-Bowden

On 2015-01-09 22:52:10 +0000, Ken Blake, MVP said:

In June of 2016, my wife and I will be on vacation in Vienna for a
week. Can someone recommend a hotel? We'd like one that is central,
near most of the museums, other tourist sites, and good restaurants.
If necessary, I'd be willing to pay up to 150 Euros a night, but I'd
prefer it to be closer to 100 Euros.

I stayed (by myself) at the Hotel Austria, Am Fleischmarkt 20, Vienna,
three or four years ago. As far I remember it fulfils all your criteria
and wasn't too expensive.

The hotel doesn't need to be luxurious, but it should be clean and
comfortable, in a safe neighborhood. And it should have an elevator;
we don't want to have to walk up stairs to get to our room.

I don't remember, but I think there was a lift.

It's not absolutely necessary, but I'd like it have free Wi-Fi.

There was a computer in the lobby with free internet access. I don't
remember if there was free WiFi specifically.

I see that some hotels have air conditioning, but others don't. Will
we need AC in Vienna in June?

I would guess no, unless you hit a heat wave.

--
athel

Old January 13th, 2015, 04:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ken Blake, MVP

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 09:11:36 +0100, Athel Cornish-Bowden

On 2015-01-09 22:52:10 +0000, Ken Blake, MVP said:

[...]

Thanks very much. I'll look into it.

Old January 14th, 2015, 06:42 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
John Geoffrey

On 09/01/15 23:52, Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
In June of 2016, my wife and I will be on vacation in Vienna for a
week. Can someone recommend a hotel? We'd like one that is central,
near most of the museums, other tourist sites, and good restaurants.
If necessary, I'd be willing to pay up to 150 Euros a night, but I'd
prefer it to be closer to 100 Euros.

The hotel doesn't need to be luxurious, but it should be clean and
comfortable, in a safe neighborhood. And it should have an elevator;
we don't want to have to walk up stairs to get to our room.

It's not absolutely necessary, but I'd like it have free Wi-Fi.

I see that some hotels have air conditioning, but others don't. Will
we need AC in Vienna in June?

We were in Tulip Inn Thueringer Hof last year. It was reasonably
comfortable, even if the decor was very 60s. I think we paid 100Euros
per night, and there was an elevator and wifi.
It was slightly outside the city centre though, but with the traffic as
it was in Vienna that still was pretty ok. We walked into the city
centre every day and came home by subway.
The thing that annoyed me the most was them playing waltzes during
breakfast. But that is something you have to deal with when visiting
Vienna.

Old February 4th, 2015, 10:14 AM
garson111 garson111 is offline
Banned

If you like to self-catering accommodation then you should stay in Prater Messe Apartments because it is a nice option in Vienna. You will find there full kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave and other amenities. It is only 16 km away from Vienna International Airport.