Trip report

Old June 10th, 2012, 09:17 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
poldy

Default Trip report

In article ,
"tim...." wrote:

And whether I might read it also has to do with its length. If it's
very long (four hours of typing makes it sound very long), I probably
wouldn't, unless it looks really terrific. Other factors are how well
you write, and what are the things you write about in the place. And
if you write about a place that I know, and I start reading it and
find that I disagree with most of your opinions about it, I'd probably
stop quickly.

Well I'm not very good at writing so it takes me a long time to get it right
as I amend it several times to get something good enough to publish (even on
a news group).

Does anyone here write blogs if not posting trip reports here?
Old June 11th, 2012, 10:10 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
aquachimp[_2_]

On Jun 10, 10:17*pm, poldy wrote:
In article ,

*"tim...." wrote:
And whether I might read it also has to do with its length. If it's
very long (four hours of typing makes it sound very long), I probably
wouldn't, unless it looks really terrific. Other factors are how well
you write, and what are the things you write about in the place. And
if you write about a place that I know, and I start reading it and
find that I disagree with most of your opinions about it, I'd probably
stop quickly.

Well I'm not very good at writing so it takes me a long time to get it right
as I amend it several times to get something good enough to publish (even on
a news group).

Does anyone here write blogs if not posting trip reports here?

These show up as a sig line.
Old June 17th, 2012, 04:52 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim....

"aquachimp" wrote in message
On Jun 10, 10:17 pm, poldy wrote:
In article ,

"tim...." wrote:
And whether I might read it also has to do with its length. If it's
very long (four hours of typing makes it sound very long), I probably
wouldn't, unless it looks really terrific. Other factors are how well
you write, and what are the things you write about in the place. And
if you write about a place that I know, and I start reading it and
find that I disagree with most of your opinions about it, I'd probably
stop quickly.

Well I'm not very good at writing so it takes me a long time to get it
right
as I amend it several times to get something good enough to publish
(even on
a news group).

Does anyone here write blogs if not posting trip reports here?

These show up as a sig line

Not on my computer they don't

(BTW, I have decided that I will write the report, but other things have
since taken priority, so it may be some time!)

tim

Old June 17th, 2012, 06:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
aquachimp[_2_]

On Jun 17, 5:52*pm, "tim...." wrote:
"aquachimp" wrote in message

On Jun 10, 10:17 pm, poldy wrote:

In article ,

"tim...." wrote:
And whether I might read it also has to do with its length. If it's
very long (four hours of typing makes it sound very long), I probably
wouldn't, unless it looks really terrific. Other factors are how well
you write, and what are the things you write about in the place. And
if you write about a place that I know, and I start reading it and
find that I disagree with most of your opinions about it, I'd probably
stop quickly.

Well I'm not very good at writing so it takes me a long time to get it
right
as I amend it several times to get something good enough to publish
(even on
a news group).

Does anyone here write blogs if not posting trip reports here?
These show up as a sig line

* Not on my computer they don't

Hmm got some sort of anti-sig line spray there?

I'm assuming that the link at the end, under the .... line, of the OP
in the current
"Best hotel booking portals?" thread was such an example.

(BTW, I have decided that I will write the report, but other things have
since taken priority, so it may be some time!)

Ah, I was wondering. Seems like a long, long time since any TR was
posted here.

I popped out for an ice-cream earlier (didn't get one... the queue was
longer than I was prepared to wait for), and considered making a Trip
Report about this non-event, just to get the ball rolling again.

Old June 17th, 2012, 06:32 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Beer Tricks Potter

On Jun 17, 5:52*pm, "tim...." wrote:
"aquachimp" wrote in message

On Jun 10, 10:17 pm, poldy wrote:

[...]