Airport tax and flight cost for London HR to Paris CDG return.???

Old May 7th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Gord Pope

Default Airport tax and flight cost for London HR to Paris CDG return.???

I am arriving at LHR in September and plan to fly directly on to CDG.
What is the best airfare I can get and do I have to pay a departure
tax from LHR?

Reason I ask is that I have used the BMI site to find out this
information and it suggests that the cost to fly is 22 BP per person
with a departure tax of 35BP. This seems unreasonable to me but I
haven't been able to contact BMI directly to find the truth of the
matter.

My expectations are that, as a transitting passenger, I would not have
to pay the departure taxes.

Any information or suggested information source would be appreciated.

Thank you

Gord Pope

Old May 7th, 2004, 04:34 PM
colin.

"Gord Pope" wrote in message
| I am arriving at LHR in September and plan to fly directly on to CDG.
| What is the best airfare I can get and do I have to pay a departure
| tax from LHR?
|
| Reason I ask is that I have used the BMI site to find out this
| information and it suggests that the cost to fly is 22 BP per person
| with a departure tax of 35BP. This seems unreasonable to me but I
| haven't been able to contact BMI directly to find the truth of the
| matter.
|
| My expectations are that, as a transitting passenger, I would not have
| to pay the departure taxes.

I live in Glasgow, Scotland. Sometimes when I fly, I must do it via LHR. I
therefore have two lots of departure tax to pay whenever I go via London.

The way I understand it is that for every departing passenger, transiting or
not, you still must pay departure tax.

Of course, I may be wrong, and I am sure someone will correct me if I am.

Old May 7th, 2004, 04:38 PM
AJC

On Fri, 07 May 2004 15:17:27 GMT, Gord Pope wrote:

I am arriving at LHR in September and plan to fly directly on to CDG.
What is the best airfare I can get and do I have to pay a departure
tax from LHR?

Reason I ask is that I have used the BMI site to find out this
information and it suggests that the cost to fly is 22 BP per person
with a departure tax of 35BP. This seems unreasonable to me but I
haven't been able to contact BMI directly to find the truth of the
matter.

My expectations are that, as a transitting passenger, I would not have
to pay the departure taxes.

Where does it say 'departure tax'? The bmi site refers to: 'applicable
taxes, passenger service charge and insurance surcharge '. The amounts
you quote are for a return ticket, so in any case you would be
departing CDG. £57 return including taxes etc on a full service
airline is a very good deal. Furthermore are you sure you will be in
transit as you are booking separate tickets? Have you checked that the
first airline will through check your luggage on to BD, and vice
versa?

Any information or suggested information source would be appreciated.

Thank you

Gord Pope

--==++AJC++==--
Old May 7th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
Gord Pope wrote:

I am arriving at LHR in September and plan to fly directly on to CDG.
What is the best airfare I can get and do I have to pay a departure
tax from LHR?

Inclued in the ticket usually so yes, you have to pay. You might be
able to get a cheaper fare with lower taxes through AA.com (and aslso
expedia.com and travelocity.com) than U.K. & European booking engines.

Reason I ask is that I have used the BMI site to find out this
information and it suggests that the cost to fly is 22 BP per person
with a departure tax of 35BP. This seems unreasonable to me but I
haven't been able to contact BMI directly to find the truth of the
matter.

GBP 20 goes to LHR departure tax/fees so very plausible

My expectations are that, as a transitting passenger, I would not have
to pay the departure taxes.

sorry, you have to pay

Old May 8th, 2004, 02:41 PM
~~ Ray ~~

How are you a transitting pax? Your ticket from point A - LHR, which LHR is
the final destination, you will have to go to the baggage hall and passport
control anyway. unless you hold a current/valid ticket for another flight
which your bags are going onwards to then you are transitting. That £35 is
not just departure tax, its a mixture of passenger duty, security charge,
airport charge, sector charges etc etc.