[OT] 250 viruses and counting (e-mail)

Old September 19th, 2003, 05:28 PM
James Anatidae

Default [OT] 250 viruses and counting (e-mail)

Just want to let everyone know that since about 2pm yesterday some asshole
has been e-mailing me a virus every few minutes. I've gotten over 250 of
them so far and they're still coming. Luckly my service provider is
catching most of them and I'm deleting the rest as soon as they come in.

Please tell me I'm not the only one this has happened to.

Old September 19th, 2003, 05:34 PM
S Viemeister

James Anatidae wrote:

Just want to let everyone know that since about 2pm yesterday some asshole
has been e-mailing me a virus every few minutes. I've gotten over 250 of
them so far and they're still coming. Luckly my service provider is
catching most of them and I'm deleting the rest as soon as they come in.

Please tell me I'm not the only one this has happened to.

You're not the only one!
Only 250?
Old September 19th, 2003, 06:00 PM
Miguel Cruz

James Anatidae wrote:
Just want to let everyone know that since about 2pm yesterday some asshole
has been e-mailing me a virus every few minutes. I've gotten over 250 of
them so far and they're still coming. Luckly my service provider is
catching most of them and I'm deleting the rest as soon as they come in.

Please tell me I'm not the only one this has happened to.

Consider yourself lucky. Over 1000 here.

miguel
Site remodeled 10-Sept-2003: Hundreds of new photos, easier navigation.
Old September 19th, 2003, 06:10 PM
Da Man

"James Anatidae" wrote in message
Just want to let everyone know that since about 2pm yesterday some asshole
has been e-mailing me a virus every few minutes. I've gotten over 250 of
them so far and they're still coming. Luckly my service provider is
catching most of them and I'm deleting the rest as soon as they come in.

Please tell me I'm not the only one this has happened to.

nope you aint
i have had about 100 and they all claim to be from microsoft

Old September 19th, 2003, 06:13 PM
mrtravel

Da Man wrote:
"James Anatidae" wrote in message

Just want to let everyone know that since about 2pm yesterday some asshole
has been e-mailing me a virus every few minutes. I've gotten over 250 of
them so far and they're still coming. Luckly my service provider is
catching most of them and I'm deleting the rest as soon as they come in.

Please tell me I'm not the only one this has happened to.

nope you aint
i have had about 100 and they all claim to be from microsoft

Is there some reason to believe they are related to this newsgroup?

Old September 19th, 2003, 08:01 PM
Simon Elliott

James Anatidae writes
Just want to let everyone know that since about 2pm yesterday some asshole
has been e-mailing me a virus every few minutes. I've gotten over 250 of
them so far and they're still coming. Luckly my service provider is
catching most of them and I'm deleting the rest as soon as they come in.

Please tell me I'm not the only one this has happened to.

It's gibe-b and it's spreading exponentially at the moment. Everyone's
receiving it.
--
Simon Elliott
http://www.ctsn.co.uk/

Old September 19th, 2003, 08:37 PM
Gregory Morrow

Da Man wrote:

"James Anatidae" wrote in message
Just want to let everyone know that since about 2pm yesterday some

asshole
has been e-mailing me a virus every few minutes. I've gotten over 250

of
them so far and they're still coming. Luckly my service provider is
catching most of them and I'm deleting the rest as soon as they come in.

Please tell me I'm not the only one this has happened to.

nope you aint
i have had about 100 and they all claim to be from microsoft

Yup, same here...but I've got only about a dozen so far in the last two
days.

--
Best
Greg

Old September 19th, 2003, 09:02 PM
Frank F. Matthews

My ISP classifies it as the AUTOMAT worm. I got 495 from this morning
to this afternoon. I'd say 1000 for the day. FFM

Old September 20th, 2003, 02:13 AM
Miguel Cruz

Gregory Morrow wrote:
Yup, same here...but I've got only about a dozen so far in the last two
days.

Must be nice. I dumped about 1400 at lunchtime and now I've got 1191 more in
my spam folder.