Vancouver to Boston - What is the best connecting city?

Old October 11th, 2007, 10:04 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Timothy J. Lee

Default Vancouver to Boston - What is the best connecting city?

For any itinerary, check to see that there are flights from your
connecting airport to your destination airport after your flight.
If there are many such flights, that may make it easier to get to
your destination when you miss your connection. Some of the
commonly used connecting airports have a high frequency of weather
related irregular operations that can easily cause you to miss your
connection.

Timothy J. Lee
Old October 11th, 2007, 10:41 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jeff Hacker

AC will probably have better inflight service, but US Airways over Las Vegas
or Phoenix, or United via Chicago or Denver would let you preclear customs
at YVR.
"Pokee" wrote in message
ups.com...
I want to book a flight from YVR to BOS using points on Air Canada -
there seems to be three connecting cities with Air Canada (Toronto,
Ottawa and Montreal). Toronto has the most flights to Boston (just in
case our flight from Vancouver is delayed and they need to put us on
another), BUT that airport is AWFUL for making connections (mostly
because you need to change terminals, as far as I can remember, and
they are FAR apart!).

The thing that irritates me the most about a Canadian connection to a
US city is that I cannot clear customs at Vancouver (I must do this at
the connecting airport - which is soooo stressful, because at times,
it's hard just to make your flight - let alone collect your bags, run
to the other terminal, go through customs and then catch your flight).

There are some Star Alliance Partner flights that connect through
Chicago and other US cities. I am thinking that may be a better
choice.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Old October 12th, 2007, 12:30 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Randy Hudson

In article . com,
wrote:

I like BLI but be advised right now the border queues are horrendous.

All of them, or just Bellingham? I crossed at Machias, Maine last month,
only 5 minutes crossing northbound mid-morning, no wait at all coming back
pre-dawn the next morning.

--
Randy Hudson