"Americans not getting bang for buck in Europe"

Old March 24th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Anonymouse

Default "Americans not getting bang for buck in Europe"

Hi,

in the US system the Citizens have "rights" that we believe (and the
Constitution states) are innate and not granted to use by the
government....

and not only does the Constitution (the basic law of the land) limit the
Federal Government to only those powers specifically granted to it by
the States, reserving ALL other powers to the States and noting that the
People have not only the Rights mentioned but others not mentioned.

as opposed to the UK... where your only rights are those granted by the
crown.

well in the US we have a "god given" Right to Keep and Bear Arms as part
of the militia (the armed citizenry) for the purpose of keeping the
federal government in check.

"God given"? Just because something used to be right does not
mean it continues to be. I find it disturbing how often US people
refer to the constitution rather than logic.

--

== Derringer Kit Gun Side Plates ==

Old March 24th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Miguel Cruz

The Reid wrote:
Following up to Anonymouse
but you can use a gun for self defense without firing a shot.

in fact most uses of firearms for self defense don't involve firing a
single shot.

that's why US has so few gun killings then...

It's just that most of these episodes happen during wet dreams.

miguel

Old March 24th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Geoff McCaughan

Anonymouse wrote:

in the US system the Citizens have "rights" that we believe (and the
Constitution states) are innate and not granted to use by the
government....

Anyone who believes that is a fool.
Old March 24th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Miguel Cruz

Tim Kroesen wrote:
"Miguel Cruz" wrote:
Really? I've never knowingly been in a house that had a firearm (nor
would I).

That sounds like paranoia. You fear what you do not know.

Quite the opposite. I know that one of the best ways to ensure someone in
your household dies in a gun incident is to have a gun in the house. I
choose to remove that risk from my life. And, frankly, I have a low opinion
of anyone who would subject their family to it.

miguel

Old March 24th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Tim Kroesen

Someone who knows nothing of firearms personally yet chooses to comment
negatively on them is the one dreaming about reality... Wake up Miguel;
get some firsthand knowledge if you want to impress anyone with your
stilted opinion. A gun is a device without intrinsic 'evil' attached.
Even your own 'wet dream' fantasies about guns are correctable with
practical knowledge. Any gun owner is likely to prove this point to
you; therefore you do what to educate yourself and refine your
opinion...?

Tim K

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
The Reid wrote:
Following up to Anonymouse
but you can use a gun for self defense without firing a shot.

in fact most uses of firearms for self defense don't involve firing

single shot.

that's why US has so few gun killings then...

It's just that most of these episodes happen during wet dreams.

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos and tales from around the world:

http://travel.u.nu

Old March 24th, 2004, 10:06 PM
Tim Kroesen

Not so 'foolish' as the European 'cognizanti' that maintain a Royalty
caste though...

Tim K

Old March 24th, 2004, 10:36 PM
Miguel Cruz

Tim Kroesen wrote:
"Miguel Cruz" wrote:
It's just that most of these episodes happen during wet dreams.

Someone who knows nothing of firearms personally yet chooses to comment
negatively on them is the one dreaming about reality... Wake up Miguel;
get some firsthand knowledge if you want to impress anyone with your
stilted opinion. A gun is a device without intrinsic 'evil' attached.
Even your own 'wet dream' fantasies about guns are correctable with
practical knowledge. Any gun owner is likely to prove this point to
you; therefore you do what to educate yourself and refine your
opinion...?

Have you ever run a country? And yet you have political opinions.

I can read. I can listen. I can observe.

miguel
Old March 24th, 2004, 10:39 PM
Tim Kroesen

The best way to insure someone in your house is injured is to have
stairs, electricity, a stove, a garage door, an automobile, a bicycle,
etc... Your point proves nothing. Responsible gun owners are *safer*
from injury than responsible power mower owners according to blank
stats...

Quite frankly, I have a low opinion of those who uses stats in an
attempt to support their blind paranoia...g

Old March 24th, 2004, 10:46 PM
Miguel Cruz

Tim Kroesen wrote:
The best way to insure someone in your house is injured is to have
stairs, electricity, a stove, a garage door, an automobile, a bicycle,
etc... Your point proves nothing. Responsible gun owners are *safer*
from injury than responsible power mower owners according to blank
stats...

That's silly. Power mowers are purchased to cut lawns, and as a side effect
cause some hazards. Firearms are ostensibly purchased to increase safety,
but in fact decrease it. Big difference there.

Quite frankly, I have a low opinion of those who uses stats in an
attempt to support their blind paranoia...g

Well, you go on having your low opinion of people who resort to facts, and
I'll go on with my low opinion of people who endanger their families.

miguel
Old March 24th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Dave Smith

Tim Kroesen wrote:

The best way to insure someone in your house is injured is to have
stairs, electricity, a stove, a garage door, an automobile, a bicycle,
etc... Your point proves nothing. Responsible gun owners are *safer*
from injury than responsible power mower owners according to blank
stats...

Refresh my memory please. I don't recall ever hearing about anyone ever
being attacked with a lawnmower.

Quite frankly, I have a low opinion of those who uses stats in an
attempt to support their blind paranoia...g

Damn. Don't you hate it when people confuse your opinion with facts.