Postage

Old March 16th, 2014, 02:52 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

Default Bangers and Mash Schnitzel Chips Postage

On 2014-03-11 02:28:12 -0500, Tim C. said:

On Mon, 10 Mar 2014 17:23:45 +0100, Josef Kleber wrote in post :
:
No, they take a thick slice of sausage, fry it, and put some kind of
tomato-sauce over it.
Regards,
Frank
Ah, ok. Sounds a bit like Jägerbraten here. Sausage, or something a bit
like meatloaf in various sorts of sauce.
Hmmm meatloaf! ;-)
the east german Jägerschnitzel is coated "Jagdwurst" with breadcrumbs.
Josef
Hmm. I don't think I like the sound of that.

Are you crazy? That sounds AWESOME. All it then needs is some mashed potatoes!

Bangers and Mash are my second favorite typically British food, after Fish and Chips.

I think the name of the sausage is "Cumberland Sausage" and you cannot
find it over here in the USA, unless you grind your own.

I adore fish and chips in the UK 8-). That and breakfasts! But for sausage
I love Germany!

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
Old March 16th, 2014, 09:46 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnT[_10_]

Default UK Constitution Postage

On 2014-03-10 10:02:23 -0500, Tim C. said:

On Sun, 9 Mar 2014 06:45:47 -0500, Dan Stephenson wrote in post :
news:2014030906454746213-stephedanospam@maccom :

This is why the authors of the US Constitution did not make
the new nation a Democracy. They knew rule by the Demos meant mob
rule. That is why they made the USA a Republic.

Do you think Democracy and being a Republic are mutually exclusive?

As a form of government, of course. But in the context of "democracy"
meaning the people have a vote in a Republic, no problem.

So -- has the topic of a Constitution of some kind been mooted in the UK?

A strange question. We British have had a Constitution since at least 1688.

--
JohnT

Old March 16th, 2014, 10:39 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

On 2014-03-10 10:02:23 -0500, Tim C. said:

On Sun, 9 Mar 2014 06:45:47 -0500, Dan Stephenson wrote in post :
news:2014030906454746213-stephedanospam@maccom :

This is why the authors of the US Constitution did not make
the new nation a Democracy. They knew rule by the Demos meant mob
rule. That is why they made the USA a Republic.

Do you think Democracy and being a Republic are mutually exclusive?

As a form of government, of course. But in the context of "democracy"
meaning the people have a vote in a Republic, no problem.

So -- has the topic of a Constitution of some kind been mooted in the UK?

A strange question. We British have had a Constitution since at least 1688.

No we haven't

--
JohnT
Old March 16th, 2014, 07:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

Martin wrote:
On Sun, 16 Mar 2014 01:52:36 +0000 (UTC), Erilar

Dan Stephenson wrote:
On 2014-03-11 02:28:12 -0500, Tim C. said:

[...]

+1 German sausages are predominantly meat.
English sausages have a very high fat content and gawd know what else in them.
Scottish black pudding beats them all.

English sausages sound like too many US sausages. The ultimate sausage
territory I've sampled is Thuringia 8-)
--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
Old March 17th, 2014, 08:24 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_5_]

Default Schnitzel Chips Postage

news:2014031519302977416-stephedanospam@maccom :

On 2014-03-10 06:43:02 -0500, Tim C. said:

On Sun, 9 Mar 2014 06:50:39 -0500, Dan Stephenson wrote in post :
news:2014030906503974080-stephedanospam@maccom :

I don't recognize the name of that fruit. It was some kind of berry, I
think, like a strawberry but more tart.

Prolly "Preselbeer", iirc Cowberries, which are similar to cranberries.

Ah, yes, I think that's it.

* Sorry, smelling ****take: "Preiselbeer" with "ei".
--
Tim C. Linz, Austria.
Old March 17th, 2014, 03:23 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jack Campin

How can you decide if something is constitutional or
not when you can't compare it with something written?

Do you need a map to find your arse?

Old March 17th, 2014, 03:44 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
James Silverton[_3_]

On 3/17/2014 10:23 AM, Jack Campin wrote:
How can you decide if something is constitutional or
not when you can't compare it with something written?

Do you need a map to find your arse?

Ah, I know what camp you are in.

From Wikiquotes:

The phrase "I know it when I see it" is a colloquial expression by which
a speaker attempts to categorize an observable fact or event, although
the category is subjective or lacks clearly defined parameters. The
phrase was famously used in this sense by United States Supreme Court
Justice Potter Stewart to describe his threshold test for obscenity in
Jacobellis v. Ohio (1964).

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.
Old March 18th, 2014, 08:00 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_5_]

On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 23:07:57 +0100, tim..... wrote in post :
:

A constitution doesn't have to be in one document.

But it needs to be recognised by TPTB as such

Just as a "constitution" in a single document does.

--
Tim C. Linz, Austria.
Old March 18th, 2014, 08:17 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

"Tim C." wrote in message ...

On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 23:07:57 +0100, tim..... wrote in post :
:

A constitution doesn't have to be in one document.

But it needs to be recognised by TPTB as such

Just as a "constitution" in a single document does.

A single document will have (contain) the title "constitution", that's the
point

tim

--
Tim C. Linz, Austria.

Old March 18th, 2014, 08:48 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_5_]

On Tue, 18 Mar 2014 08:17:01 +0100, tim..... wrote in post :
:

"Tim C." wrote in message ...

On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 23:07:57 +0100, tim..... wrote in post :
:

A constitution doesn't have to be in one document.

But it needs to be recognised by TPTB as such

Just as a "constitution" in a single document does.

A single document will have (contain) the title "constitution", that's the
point

tim

It might not. But I know what you meant. I was just pointing out (and
agreeing with you really) that it doesn't matter in what form it is, it has
to be accepted by TPTB.

--
Tim C. Linz, Austria.