$50M Vnukovo Terminal Ready to Fly

Old April 15th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Pete

Default $50M Vnukovo Terminal Ready to Fly

If Sheremetevo does not drastically improve in the next few years,
I could see it becoming obsolete and unused shortly thereafter.
Domodedovo already handles the same traffic as Sheremetevo and
Vnukovo may soon steal a western carrier or two from Sheremetevo.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/storie...04/15/041.html
(similar to Mission Impossible, this link will self-destruct in 2 weeks)

Old April 15th, 2004, 04:26 PM
mtravelkay

Pete wrote:

If Sheremetevo does not drastically improve in the next few years,
I could see it becoming obsolete and unused shortly thereafter.
Domodedovo already handles the same traffic as Sheremetevo and
Vnukovo may soon steal a western carrier or two from Sheremetevo.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/storie...04/15/041.html
(similar to Mission Impossible, this link will self-destruct in 2 weeks)

With our ever mounting budget deficit, I find it interesting that the US
government paid $325,000 for the feasibility study. If investors can
spend $50 million on a terminal, and $1.3 billion to expand the airport,
why do they need any US money?

Old April 16th, 2004, 11:12 AM
Ulf Kutzner

Pete schrieb:

If Sheremetevo does not drastically improve in the next few years,
I could see it becoming obsolete and unused shortly thereafter.
Domodedovo already handles the same traffic as Sheremetevo and
Vnukovo may soon steal a western carrier or two from Sheremetevo.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/storie...04/15/041.html
(similar to Mission Impossible, this link will self-destruct in 2 weeks)

Last time when I was in Vnukovo, it was not better than Sheremetyevo.

The airport that lost all scheduled traffic is Bykovo.

Regards, ULF
Old April 18th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Charles Newman

"Pete" wrote in message
link.net...
If Sheremetevo does not drastically improve in the next few years,
I could see it becoming obsolete and unused shortly thereafter.
Domodedovo already handles the same traffic as Sheremetevo and
Vnukovo may soon steal a western carrier or two from Sheremetevo.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/storie...04/15/041.html
(similar to Mission Impossible, this link will self-destruct in 2 weeks)

I think all the international traffic goes out of Shermetyevo. As far
as I know
the other two airports are all for domestic flights.

Old April 18th, 2004, 09:02 AM
Vitaly Shmatikov

In article ,
Charles Newman wrote:

I think all the international traffic goes out of Shermetyevo. As far
as I know
the other two airports are all for domestic flights.

Plenty of international traffic out of Domodedovo and Vnukovo.
I think even Bykovo may have a flight or two to Ukraine.

Old April 18th, 2004, 09:02 AM
mtravelkay

Charles Newman wrote:

"Pete" wrote in message
link.net...

If Sheremetevo does not drastically improve in the next few years,
I could see it becoming obsolete and unused shortly thereafter.
Domodedovo already handles the same traffic as Sheremetevo and
Vnukovo may soon steal a western carrier or two from Sheremetevo.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/storie...04/15/041.html
(similar to Mission Impossible, this link will self-destruct in 2 weeks)

I think all the international traffic goes out of Shermetyevo. As far
as I know
the other two airports are all for domestic flights.

No.. Domodedovo and Vnukuvo are both used for international flights.
In fact, BA stopped flying to SVO last summer and now flies to Domodedovo.
See http://www.britishairways.com/travel...public/en_ru#3

http://www.vnukovo-airport.ru/eng/ indicates the where foreign flights go.

Old April 19th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Ulf Kutzner

Vitaly Shmatikov schrieb:

I think even Bykovo may have a flight or two to Ukraine.

Benn there this year, not seen any scheduled flight. Same infomation
from local security.

Regards, ULF