Lufthansa, anyone?

Old April 16th, 2004, 04:11 AM
jb

Default Lufthansa, anyone?

Ok --- prive not being a point of the conversation----LH is STILL a
horrid experience foe Europe flights compared to the others.

I think the point has been missed.

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 22:58:58 +0100, Hilary
wrote:

Their prices are consistantly higher than booking the same flight with
a UA flight number. Hard to believe I know -- but has been my
experience in 2 out of three checks.

true but it makes sense, since you pay a LH-security surcharge on each
leg on flights with LH number, while if booked as UA, you don't.

It depends on the type of ticket. For consolidator tickets (netts) we
take off the YQ tax (security surcharge) for both Lufthansa and Emirates.
AFAIK the YQ tax on Lufthansa is around 17.60GBP - not a huge amount.

Hilary

Old April 16th, 2004, 09:54 AM
Miss L. Toe

"jb" wrote in message
Ok --- prive not being a point of the conversation----LH is STILL a
horrid experience foe Europe flights compared to the others.

I think the point has been missed.

Personally I think they are better than most.
And if they want to stick an extra couple of thousand miles in my account
I'll say even nicer things about them :-)

Old April 16th, 2004, 10:29 AM
AJC

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 09:54:32 +0100, "Miss L. Toe"
wrote:

"jb" wrote in message
. ..
Ok --- prive not being a point of the conversation----LH is STILL a
horrid experience foe Europe flights compared to the others.

I think the point has been missed.

Personally I think they are better than most.
And if they want to stick an extra couple of thousand miles in my account
I'll say even nicer things about them :-)

Yep, there is nothing wrong with LH. They are efficient, excellent
safety record, their service levels are average to good, in a German
way of course, which can sometimes be very amusing!
--==++AJC++==--
Old April 16th, 2004, 01:37 PM
jb

Good for you ---happy that you have not had the same kind of luck that
I have had with them.

I would take their miles and probably use them eventually---but doubt
if I would say anything nice about them unless the service etc. had
improved.

Old April 16th, 2004, 01:38 PM
jb

Well there surely IS something wrong with LH---in MY experience.

I am glad that you have experienced otherwise. I would not wish the
experiences I have had with them on anyone!

Old April 16th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Lester Mosley

I just bought a ticket to fly from Washington-Dulles to Frankfurt. It
was the second cheapest behind contiental by $100, but I think $100 is
worth a direct flight than a stop-over in Newark *shudder*

Sure other airlines have in seat video, games,.. but I dontneed all
that plus you need extra equipment to plug your laptop into the ports
now..

Lufthansa still gives the booze away as other charge $3-$4 a drink..

I will report soon how my trip was on Lufthansa.. so far the people on
the phone have been friendly!

"Robert" wrote in message ...
Ref.:
http://www.miles-and-more.com/LHeCMS...html#earnmiles

The German carrier Lufthansa has decided that it will modify its mileage
accrual system starting in October (however, the new Terms & Conditions give
Lufthansa the right to do so as of now). The new system will discriminate
its customers according to the booking class. Those customers who purchase a
restricted coach ticket will only be credited with 50% of the actual miles
flown. Sounds fair for an airline that offers an average service at a high
price? Personally, I don't believe it seems reasonable to accrue less miles
than are actually flown just because of the price category.

This brings me to my question: How do you think Lufthansa stands in
comparison to other airlines that offer frequent-flyer programs? Has
Lufthansa got any comparative advantage left, now that even its mileage
system has changed? What airline do you think offers the best frequent-flyer
program?

Hoping to hear some comments..

Robert

Old April 16th, 2004, 11:16 PM
mtravelkay

Lester Mosley wrote:

I just bought a ticket to fly from Washington-Dulles to Frankfurt. It
was the second cheapest behind contiental by $100, but I think $100 is
worth a direct flight than a stop-over in Newark *shudder*

Sure other airlines have in seat video, games,.. but I dontneed all
that plus you need extra equipment to plug your laptop into the ports
now..

When did you not need extra equipment to plug a laptop in?

Old April 16th, 2004, 11:44 PM
elliot

I recently checked prices on LH and discovered the rates were
substantially higher than other good airlines...my thoughts, why bother
with Lufthansa at all.

Old April 17th, 2004, 02:02 PM
jb

Exactly!