Calais to Bruges

Old October 30th, 2007, 11:58 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Day

Default Calais to Bruges

Hi,

Im thinking of driving from Eurotunnel to Bruges on sat 8th Dec as its my
birthday on the 9th.

Can you please tell me if its a good trip to make or if its likely to be
busy or tiring. If so Id rather spend the extra £100 for us to go on
eurostar.

Thanks,

Dave

Old October 30th, 2007, 12:40 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
gerrit

"David Day" wrote in message
Hi,

Im thinking of driving from Eurotunnel to Bruges on sat 8th Dec as its my
birthday on the 9th.

Can you please tell me if its a good trip to make or if its likely to be
busy or tiring. If so Id rather spend the extra £100 for us to go on
eurostar.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave

Go to Google Maps and click on "Get Directions" Type in "Calais, Eurotunnel"
in the from box, and "Brugge" in the to box, and then click on "Get
Directions"
Google will then show you the road to travel. It shows that nearly the whole
of the trip is on a motorway and the distance is only 120km, which you
should be able to do in 90 minutes.

Have a good trip.

Gerrit - Oz

Old October 30th, 2007, 12:57 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Colin Dale

On 30 Oct, 12:40, "gerrit" wrote:
"David Day" wrote in message

Hi,

Im thinking of driving from Eurotunnel to Bruges on sat 8th Dec as its my
birthday on the 9th.

Can you please tell me if its a good trip to make or if its likely to be
busy or tiring. If so Id rather spend the extra £100 for us to go on
eurostar.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave

Go to Google Maps and click on "Get Directions" Type in "Calais, Eurotunnel"
in the from box, and "Brugge" in the to box, and then click on "Get
Directions"
Google will then show you the road to travel. It shows that nearly the whole
of the trip is on a motorway and the distance is only 120km, which you
should be able to do in 90 minutes.

Have a good trip.

Gerrit - Oz

you forgot to wish him a happy birthday.....

Old October 30th, 2007, 01:55 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Knight Of The Road

"David Day" wrote

Can you please tell me if its a good trip to make or if its likely to be
busy or tiring. If so Id rather spend the extra £100 for us to go on
eurostar.

About 90 minutes, motorway all the way. Not particularly attractive, very
industrial on the French side of the border. Some intersting WW1 history in
Flanders.

Regards, Vince.

www.TruckDrivingInRussia.co.uk

Old October 30th, 2007, 02:06 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan[_1_]

"David Day" wrote in message
Hi,

Im thinking of driving from Eurotunnel to Bruges on sat 8th Dec as its my
birthday on the 9th.

Can you please tell me if its a good trip to make or if its likely to be
busy or tiring. If so Id rather spend the extra £100 for us to go on
eurostar.

Thanks,

Dave

go on the eurostar if you are celebrating, it will save fuel and parking
costs and possibly your licence

Old October 31st, 2007, 12:10 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
John[_24_]

"David Day" wrote in message
Hi,

Im thinking of driving from Eurotunnel to Bruges on sat 8th Dec as its my
birthday on the 9th.

Can you please tell me if its a good trip to make or if its likely to be
busy or tiring. If so Id rather spend the extra £100 for us to go on
eurostar.

Thanks,

Dave

We usually do the Dover - Calais ferry crossing and then drive from Calais
to Ostend and that usually takes about an hour. I know you say Bruges but,
if you happen to get to Ostend, the Hotel Marion
(http://www.hotelmarion.be/engels/hotel%20marion.htm) and its associated bar
(the Cafe Botteltje) are highly recommended. The bar has over 300 beers and
about 40 Jenevers (gin-based drinks - the caramel and the lemoncello are
superb).

John

Old November 9th, 2007, 11:34 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan Osborn

John wrote in message

"David Day" wrote in message
[...]

On 9th December it will be Eurostar from St.Pancras or Ebbsfleet
Return fares from £59
Eurostar takes you to Brussells Midi station but train ticket is valid to
ANY BELGIUM station

I am actually travelling this weekend
Saturday Outward Leisure First (1st class) £74.50 inclusive of meal with
champagne/wine included at no extra charge
Return Standard class on Tuesday £29.50 again ticket valid from ANY BELGIUM
station to connect
i.e Bruges to London £29.50
London to Bruges £74.50 1st Class throughout

See http://www.eurostar.com

Old November 9th, 2007, 12:59 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean1

non-smoking restaurants in Flanders, north of Belgium
http://www.smokefreeworld.com/belgium.shtml