Where should I go?

Old February 20th, 2004, 02:14 AM
4000 psi

Default Where should I go?

come out to La Jolla in San Diego ... it is lovely and delicious California
town

"Sarah" wrote in message
I realize this is a pretty broad question. I have a free ticket on
Southwest, so I'm limited to places they fly. I'm from Maryland and have
been up & down the east coast, and besides, since the ticket is free, I'd
rather go somewhere farther (which would be more expensive if I were

paying
for the ticket). I may or may not go by myself, depending on if I can

talk
a friend or friends to take some time off work and come with me.

I'd like to go for around a week in March. Things I enjoy: scenery (I
loved Utah & Colorado when I was out there), walking around cool towns

(old
coal mining towns in Colorado, artsy towns like Taos, etc.), and seeing
things that are unique to a place (Opryland in Nashville, walking across

the
Golden Gate Bridge in SF). I'm not especially interested in museums

unless
they're really different.

Looking at the Southwest map, and leaving out the east coast and places

I've
been, leaves:

1) Southern California (LA/San Diego)
2) Omaha (worth a week??)
3) Portland (horrible connections on Southwest, though)
4) Boise (I've been to SLC & Yellowstone--is it worth a week there?)
5) Reno/Lake Tahoe (is March a good time to go there? I ski the really

easy
slopes on the east coast, so skiing out there may be beyond me and too

much
work to be fun)
6) Little Rock (maybe drive to Memphis--what else is there besides
Graceland)
7) New Orleans (I was told definitely not to go there by myself--is that

the
case?)
8) Spokane (I'm going to Seattle on business this summer, though),
9) Various Texas towns (I've been to Austin, and I spent a day in San
Antonio--Riverwalk & Alamo mainly, but is there another week's worth?)

Any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks!

Sarah (If you reply by e-mail, please remove the nospams)

Old February 20th, 2004, 03:29 AM
Geoff McCaughan

Sarah wrote:

[...]

Obtain a globe.

Locate the position on the globe of places like Texas, California, Arkansas
etc.

Locate the position on the globe of Australia and New Zealand.

Note how very, very far away from each other they are.

Contemplate the meaning of the terms "lost" and "geographically challenged".

HTH
Old February 20th, 2004, 03:52 AM
Raffi Balmanoukian

Obtain a globe.

Locate the position on the globe of places like Texas, California, Arkansas
etc.

Locate the position on the globe of Australia and New Zealand.

Note how very, very far away from each other they are.

Contemplate the meaning of the terms "lost" and "geographically challenged".

HTH

Maybe it's a free trade agreement preview!

Old February 20th, 2004, 04:16 AM
Alan

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:17:08 -0500, "Sarah"
wrote:

I realize this is a pretty broad question. I have a free ticket on
Southwest, so I'm limited to places they fly.

snip

Any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks!

Sarah

Maybe, try a newsgroup that covers places they fly to?

Cheers Alan

Old February 20th, 2004, 05:55 AM
A Mate

That's a worry - what will/could we trade as of equal value to a
geographically challenged yank???

news:BC5AF12C.20F73%walkabout@TAKEOUTTHETRASHTOREP LY.ns.sympatico.ca...

Old February 20th, 2004, 11:24 AM
A Mate

Sheesh!! I try hard not to think of Ipswich! - ever!!

"4000 psi" wrote in message
newsdhZb.10965$o52.10780@fed1read02...
a couple of residents of Ipswich?

u...

Old February 20th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Gerrit 't Hart

"A Mate" wrote in message
u...
That's a worry - what will/could we trade as of equal value to a
geographically challenged yank???

Tasmanians? Note the plural! :-)

Old February 21st, 2004, 05:17 AM
Raffi Balmanoukian

in article , A Mate at
wrote on 2/20/04 12:55 AM:

That's a worry - what will/could we trade as of equal value to a
geographically challenged yank???

As my grandma used to say, "two cents and a button."