Star Peru—bad reputation?

Old February 24th, 2016, 07:13 PM posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Happy.Hobo

Default Star Peru—bad reputation?

WELL, the flight was comfortable, the snack was OK, and the crew were
polite. BUT ...

StarPerú _destroyed_ my Brompton bicycle. I am not exaggerating. The
damage is so severe it seems to have been intentional. They claim that
by identifying it as a bicycle, I released them from any responsibility.
I claim that identifying it as a bicycle constitutes a recommendation
for appropriate care, not a request for greater abuse!

I am in Lima, Perú, and Brompton has no dealers in the country. I can
figure out other means of transportation until my return to Oklahoma,
but I am not sure a replacement—more than two thousand dollars—can be
delivered there before I have to leave for Spain.

It may be that the steel frame and front wheel can be salvaged, reducing
the cost considerably, but I would have to show it to a Brompton dealer
to know. The loss may result in increased costs for transportation by
other means, not to mention that I might need to spend extra to route a
trip through London to visit the factory for repair or replacement.
Shipping times for parts and/or replacement makes any other location
(except maybe Madrid) impractical due to my travel commitments.