AUD exchange rate?

Old January 14th, 2004, 08:58 PM
4000 psi

Default AUD exchange rate?

the US dollar has fallen compared to the AUD quite a bit ... any ideas on
when/if there'll be a recovery?

your thoughts are appreciated?!

Old January 14th, 2004, 09:52 PM
maxi

easy: as soon as the intrest rates in the USA will start to rise the aud
will go down.

Max

Old January 14th, 2004, 10:25 PM
David Bennetts

"4000 psi" wrote in message
the US dollar has fallen compared to the AUD quite a bit ... any ideas on
when/if there'll be a recovery?

your thoughts are appreciated?!

Not for a while in my oipinion - whilst the US Government keep spending with
their Martian landings, star wars and the like under dubbya's regime they
won't recover from their huge deficit.

Regards

David Bennetts

Old January 15th, 2004, 12:12 AM
Ian S

"David Bennetts" wrote in message

| "4000 psi" wrote in message
| the US dollar has fallen compared to the AUD quite a bit ... any ideas
on
| when/if there'll be a recovery?
|
| your thoughts are appreciated?!
|
| Not for a while in my oipinion - whilst the US Government keep spending
with
| their Martian landings, star wars and the like under dubbya's regime they
| won't recover from their huge deficit.
|
| Regards
|
| David Bennetts

Don't forget that George wants to go to the moon soon and also replace the
shuttle fleet!

Rgds Ian S.............

Old January 15th, 2004, 12:17 AM
Raffi Balmanoukian

Don't forget that George wants to go to the moon soon and also replace the
shuttle fleet!

Rgds Ian S.............

Somebody must have told him there was no intelligent life in Washington....

Old January 15th, 2004, 02:00 AM
Paul O

When the RBA drops the reference interest rate!! Which could happen soon,
exporters are hurting badly!

Old January 15th, 2004, 02:05 AM
Gerrit 't Hart

"4000 psi" wrote in message
the US dollar has fallen compared to the AUD quite a bit ... any ideas on
when/if there'll be a recovery?

your thoughts are appreciated?!

The TV news here in Oz keeps telling me that the AUD is at a 7 year high.
Seems to me that the it is the AUD which is doing the recovering!

Gerrit

Old January 15th, 2004, 02:31 AM
Tony Bailey

"maxi" wrote in message
easy: as soon as the intrest rates in the USA will start to rise the aud
will go down.

Except for the small matter that the current US budget deficit - USD 500
Billion means that the US needs to raise that amount on the world markets
and will (according to an item on the '7.30 Report' the other night)
actually push UP interest rates outside the US.

Buddy, can you spare a dime?

George, can you spare a few billion?

--
Tony Bailey