Iceland, Anyone ?

Old December 3rd, 2013, 08:09 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Travel_Poster

Default Iceland, Anyone ?

Does anyone have any ideas for hotels in Reykjavik, and then elsewhere on
the island? I'm planning to fly into the capital and then do a week-long
tour, clockwise.

Around US$80 per night, or so?

Thanks.

--
Travel Poster
Old December 4th, 2013, 03:27 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

Travel_Poster wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas for hotels in Reykjavik, and then elsewhere on
the island? I'm planning to fly into the capital and then do a week-long
tour, clockwise.

Around US$80 per night, or so?

Thanks.

When I visited Iceland, I was with a group, and it was several years ago,
so I have no answers for you, butit's a great country8-). Rather expensive
, though.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
Old December 4th, 2013, 01:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnT[_9_]

"Erilar" wrote in message
Travel_Poster wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas for hotels in Reykjavik, and then elsewhere on
the island? I'm planning to fly into the capital and then do a week-long
tour, clockwise.

Around US$80 per night, or so?

Thanks.

When I visited Iceland, I was with a group, and it was several years ago,
so I have no answers for you, butit's a great country8-). Rather
expensive
, though.

I think that you may get breakfast for $80. But a room for the night,
typically, would cost considerably more.

--
JohnT

Old December 4th, 2013, 03:40 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

On 04.12.2013 13:35, JohnT wrote:

"Erilar" wrote in message
Travel_Poster wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas for hotels in Reykjavik, and then
elsewhere on
the island? I'm planning to fly into the capital and then do a
week-long
tour, clockwise.

Around US$80 per night, or so?

Thanks.

When I visited Iceland, I was with a group, and it was several years ago,
so I have no answers for you, butit's a great country8-). Rather
expensive
, though.

I think that you may get breakfast for $80. But a room for the night,
typically, would cost considerably more.

Didn't it get cheaper after the banks collapsed?
Old December 4th, 2013, 08:51 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim......

"Travel_Poster" wrote in message
Does anyone have any ideas for hotels in Reykjavik, and then elsewhere on
the island? I'm planning to fly into the capital and then do a week-long
tour, clockwise.

Odd that, seems everyone goes that way

By car I presume

Around US$80 per night, or so?

Hum,

I think these are the people I used:

http://www.icelandholidays.com/ (I don't have my credit card statements to
hand to check), but there is an exhaustive list of hotels available for you
to check

But even the most basic of hotels are expensive

In particular I remember staying he
http://www.icelandholidays.com/accom...uesthouse.html

clean and tidy, but nothing else to merit a mention

I paid around 1500 pounds for the week, about 100 pounds a night for hotels,
500 pounds for the car and 300 pounds for the flights

tim

Old December 5th, 2013, 07:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Travel_Poster

tim...... wrote:

[...]

Flights are booked. Return from Heathrow and a week's car hi US$ 1,290.

--
Travel Poster
Old December 5th, 2013, 05:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
James Silverton[_3_]

On 12/4/2013 2:51 PM, tim...... wrote:

[...]

Why not use the accepted three-letter abbreviation: GBP if you can't get
£ on your keyboard? In any case, GBP would better specify the currency;
"pound" might mean the Egyptian pound (EGP; 11.2 for one GBP).

One place you can get a listing of the abbreviations is:
http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.
Old December 5th, 2013, 06:08 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim......

"James Silverton" wrote in message
On 12/4/2013 2:51 PM, tim...... wrote:

[...]

OMG have you got nothing better to do

tinm

Old December 5th, 2013, 08:07 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
James Silverton[_3_]

On 12/5/2013 11:46 AM, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 05 Dec 2013 11:02:29 -0500, James Silverton
wrote:

On 12/4/2013 2:51 PM, tim...... wrote:

[...]

In Iceland? Why would anybody think that?
It's about as likely as him wanting to visit a supermarket chain in UK called
Iceland or to think that it was pounds of sausages.

How do I know he's not Egyptian? :-)

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.
Old December 5th, 2013, 08:09 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
James Silverton[_3_]

On 12/4/2013 2:51 PM, tim...... wrote:

[...]

You can't have all that much to do yourself if you respond to a
reasonable suggestion like that.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.