Pre-Cruise NYC Flight Stuff

Old May 10th, 2004, 06:52 PM
Gary Rice

Default Pre-Cruise NYC Flight Stuff

I'm looking to take a cruise out of Amsterdam next month. I've found a
flight that leaves out of Newark NJ but the closest I can get to
Newark from Long Beach CA is JFK.

How difficult will it be to get from JFK to Newark with enough luggage
for a 3 week cruise?

Gary
Old May 10th, 2004, 08:00 PM
Mike Cordelli

1) Walk outside pushing cart
2) Get in Taxi Line
3) Get in Taxi
4) Pay driver all your cash

Get on plane

om...

Old May 10th, 2004, 11:27 PM
JLeary256

Costly cab service is the answer.
http://www.ny.com/transportation/airports/
Old May 11th, 2004, 12:44 AM
Tom & Linda

"Gary Rice" wrote in message
om...
I'm looking to take a cruise out of Amsterdam next month. I've found a
flight that leaves out of Newark NJ but the closest I can get to
Newark from Long Beach CA is JFK.

How difficult will it be to get from JFK to Newark with enough luggage
for a 3 week cruise?

It's UGLY getting from JFK to anywhere... with or without luggage. The
roads there are among the worst this side of Bolivia. The Belt Parkway,
Long Island Expressway and Van Wyck are legendary.

Figure on a ride of about 1 to 1.5 hours or more. It could take less, but
the probability of not hitting traffic is less than winning your average
state lottery. I've done it in as little as 45 minutes... but THAT'S
extremely rare.

It's an ugly ride.

--Tom

Old May 11th, 2004, 12:45 AM
Tom & Linda

You forgot the "cue" for 2 hours... waiting for a taxi, stop and go on the
highway, etc.

--Tom

"Mike Cordelli" wrote in message
. com...
1) Walk outside pushing cart
2) Get in Taxi Line
3) Get in Taxi
4) Pay driver all your cash

Get on plane

om...

Old May 11th, 2004, 02:04 AM
Mike Cordelli

Actually you bring up a very good point that I totally forgot about, the
lines waiting for a cab. If you do have to do this ride, you may want to
consider a car service, most car services haven't raised their rates yet to
match the taxi's, and you won't have to stand in line for them. You will
want to arrange it in advance.

"Tom & Linda" wrote in message
et...
You forgot the "cue" for 2 hours... waiting for a taxi, stop and go on the
highway, etc.

--Tom

"Mike Cordelli" wrote in message
. com...
1) Walk outside pushing cart
2) Get in Taxi Line
3) Get in Taxi
4) Pay driver all your cash

Get on plane

om...

Old May 11th, 2004, 05:55 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Mike Cordelli wrote:

Actually you bring up a very good point that I totally forgot about, the
lines waiting for a cab. If you do have to do this ride, you may want to
consider a car service, most car services haven't raised their rates yet to
match the taxi's, and you won't have to stand in line for them. You will
want to arrange it in advance.

Isn't there some kind of air taxi between the two airports? I seem to
remember something like that when I was in my 20's, a long, long time ago.

sue

Old May 11th, 2004, 06:37 AM

Contact Airporter (Princeton Airporter) @ 1-800-385-4000 ... JFK to EWR
... $22, I believe ... takes about 90 minutes ... runs 8:00 AM to 10:00
PM.

I estimate taxi JFK to EWR would cost about $80-$90 plus tolls.

Ray's idea is good ... fly LAX to EWR [it is easier]!

Old May 11th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Mike Cordelli

Lots of the options are over at www.panynj.gov, click on the airport you are
interested in. The busses are not the best alternatives when there are more
then one of you (they charge per person) or you have a lot of luggage. If
one bus just left then you have to wait 30 to 60 minutes for the next one.