Recommendation of Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

Old December 23rd, 2004, 04:43 PM
Jean O'Boyle

Default Recommendation of Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

Sorry, I know this has been a topic that has been discussed before, but at
the time I was not going, so I did not save the information...;-( If you
have stayed in a hotel for a pre-cruise in Ft. Lauderdale that you
especially liked, please let me know, as we need to book one in
mid-January...
Thanks!

--Jean

Old December 23rd, 2004, 04:53 PM
Mike Cordelli

I've liked the Sheraton Yankee Clipper, near the ships, right on the beach,
etc. The prices are all over the place, so if you don't like the rates you
are seeing call and see if they have any specials or anything.

m...

Old December 23rd, 2004, 05:01 PM
kuki

Highly recommend using Priceline for hotels in Ft. Lauderdale. Bid "resort"
in downtown zone, for around $100 and you'll get Marriott Harbor Beach
(outstanding property), bid slightly less for 4 star and you'll get the
Hyatt Pier 66 or Renaissance, bid 3 star (around $70) and you'll get
Marriott Marina, Embassy Suites or Renaissance.

All of these are fine hotels, in excellent locations, close to the pier.

We are staying at the Marriott Marina, Jan 26-29.. $70/night. Hard to beat
that price for a quality hotel.

--
Regards,
Kuki

Old December 23rd, 2004, 05:01 PM

Jean,
I really like the Hyatt Pier 66. I have booked through Priceline twice
and got rooms for $80 to $90 plus taxes. (within the last 14 months).
Both times they had me reserved for a lanai room (which are nice) but I
was celebrating a birthday once and showed my Hyatt card both times and
they were nice and upgraded me to a tower room with partial views of
the port (Could see the Grand and the Caribbean Princess) and excellent
views of the intracoastal. The rooms are nice size and the revolving
bar on top is great. (However, it can get smokey).
Be aware that they do not have the freebees that other lower end hotels
have such as free air and cruise port transportation or free breakfast.

FYI- My experience was Cab from Airport $11 plus tip. Van service to
cruiseport $5 per person.

Steve Hayes

Old December 23rd, 2004, 09:54 PM
Surfer E2468

We used EMBASSY SUITES,very nice hotel,and very good restaurant,it also
included breakfast,but that was about 6 years ago.
surfer e2468

Old December 23rd, 2004, 10:38 PM
Charles

In article , Jean
O'Boyle wrote:

Sorry, I know this has been a topic that has been discussed before, but at
the time I was not going, so I did not save the information...;-( If you
have stayed in a hotel for a pre-cruise in Ft. Lauderdale that you
especially liked, please let me know, as we need to book one in
mid-January...

I have stayed at the Embassy Suites and at the Renaisannce. I like both
of them. As others have posted you can get either of them on Priceline
at a good price.

--
Charles

Old December 23rd, 2004, 11:02 PM
Gregory C. Read

I agree whole heartedly with "kuki". I have used Priceline about 6 times in
Fort Lauderdale, always bidding for a 3 star and sometimes being put in a 4
star and have not been disappointed. If I had my choice for a pre-cruise, I
would chose the Embassy Suites. But all the hotels we have been assigned via
Priceline have been very good. And the savings are tremendous.

--
Greg
lid