HOSTELS in Switzerland - Why can't I book on-line

Old February 29th, 2004, 06:56 AM
Stromer2

Default HOSTELS in Switzerland - Why can't I book on-line

This is a follow up to a previous post.
I am trying to get a hostel in Switzerland in June. When I go to book a hostel
on an on-line booking site for hostels, they are almost never available (I have
checked numerous hostels and dates and it almost always comes up the same - no
availability on-line).
Why is this so - are hostels always filled up all the time?
It seems the on-line form to book a hostel is the same for all on-line
services.

How do I book a hostel if nothing is ever available? Do it by phone? How do I
get the phone no.? Most sites does not have them.

Can anyone advise me on this?.
I need the following:
June 19 - 22 Interlaken
June 23 - Geneva

Thanks for some help regarding this, Rick

Old February 29th, 2004, 06:59 AM
Traveler

Don't use those sites - they are all the same for the most part -
hostelworld.com. Contact the hostels directly, and they will likely be able
to book you. The site does not have all the inventory of the hostel, and in
fact might have none of it.

Traveler