Baltic Cruise in June

Old January 5th, 2004, 03:50 AM
george

Default Baltic Cruise in June

We are inexperienced cruisers but since we expect to be in Scandinavia in
June, a cruise on the Baltic to cities and countries we would not normally
expect to visit is appealing. The 10 day trip on the Grand Princess out of
and back to Copenhagen looks very attractive. The trip includes Stockholm,
Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Talin, Gdansk.

We already have one quote from an online cruise site that appears to be a
good deal, relative to other posted prices.

We will appreciate any experiences on this ship/line/cruise, etc., as well
as any cautions on dealing with the various online cruise sellers.

TIA.

George

Old January 5th, 2004, 04:07 AM
Mike Cordelli

We did that cruise a few years ago with Princess and loved it. We also
stopped in Oslo.

It's a great trip, lots of stuff to do in those port cities, and you may
find that you take a liking to some of those cities and have to go back.

I would plan on an extra day or two on either or both sides in Copenhagen,
that is a great city.

hlink.net...

Old January 7th, 2004, 02:18 AM
Mason Barge

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 03:50:37 GMT, "george"
wrote:

We are inexperienced cruisers but since we expect to be in Scandinavia in
June, a cruise on the Baltic to cities and countries we would not normally
expect to visit is appealing. The 10 day trip on the Grand Princess out of
and back to Copenhagen looks very attractive. The trip includes Stockholm,
Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Talin, Gdansk.

We already have one quote from an online cruise site that appears to be a
good deal, relative to other posted prices.

We will appreciate any experiences on this ship/line/cruise, etc., as well
as any cautions on dealing with the various online cruise sellers.

TIA.

George

George, this is a GREAT way to see the area, as so many major cities
are all right on the water. I did a 14-day Celebrity cruise (rt
London) and would prefer it to Princess, although sailing out of
Copenhagen would have benefits. I just like the Constellation better
than the Grand P.

As far as getting a good price, try a reverse ad on
www.cruisemates.com, or contact some of the TA's who post here
regularly for quotes, especially if you know the class cabin you want.
I generally pay less than the quoted price on Vacations to Go, which
seems like an okay online agency (certainly has excellent presentation
of discount cruises).

My only caution would be to get travel insurance and make sure you get
it when you book, so you can qualify for the "preexisting condition"
waiver.

Just to reiterate, I would rate my Baltic crusie on the Constellation
10 out of 10

Mason Barge

"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea. If this is tea, please bring me some coffee."
-- Abraham Lincoln
Old January 8th, 2004, 08:01 PM
KathyDFrog

Just to reiterate, I would rate my Baltic crusie on the Constellation
10 out of 10

Very interesting, we booked the 12 day itinerary in August. I'm hoping to
escape the Carnival crowd that has invaded my Celebrity space.