Honolulu Hotels

Old May 15th, 2004, 09:18 PM

Default Honolulu Hotels

We will be sailing on the Pride of Aloha in October, but plan to arrive
several days before the ship sails to take in the sites. What hotels are
recommended for our stay in Honolulu, preferably near the dock where the
ship departs. We're interested in mid-price range.

Also, any suggestions on "must sees" in the Honolulu area?

Thanks!

Carol

Old May 15th, 2004, 10:59 PM
D Ball

Carol,

The cruise port terminal is outside of downtown/Waikiki in a
fairly commercial area. Most people are happier staying in
the heart of Honolulu where you can walk to many things or
catch a tourist trolley, public bus or taxi to others. YMMV

As a suggestion, I think you will get more helpful replies
if you state the amount per night you'd like to spend.
"Mid-price range" in Honolulu is subject to significant
interpretation, e.g., my reaction to that is you are looking
for something in the $150 range, but you could have meant a
different figure. Honolulu hotel prices are high. I highly
recommend you check into a travel supplier specializing in
Hawaii packages, e.g., Pleasant Hawaiian Holidays, or see
what land package is offered by the airline you will be
flying. In my experience, you generally save dollars booking
a Hawaii land package vs. booking the same hotel room
independently.

Regarding "must sees," I suggest you check out a Hawaii
travel guide from your local library ("Oahu Revealed" by
Doughty & Friedman would be my first choice) or spend some
time reading Fodors, Frommers, etc. online. You will figure
out what sites and attractions in/around Honolulu interest
you. I think Pearl Harbor (including the adjacent USS
Missouri), Waikiki beach scene -- day & night, climbing
Diamond Head and the Bishop Museum are must sees, but that's
just me.

Enjoy your Hawaiian adventure! We took an NCL cruise in
Hawaii in June 2002. It's a great way to get a taste of all
of the islands.

We will be sailing on the Pride of Aloha in October, but
plan to arrive several days before the ship sails to take
in the sites. What hotels are recommended for our stay in
Honolulu, preferably near the dock where the ship departs.
We're interested in mid-price range.
Also, any suggestions on "must sees" in the Honolulu area?

Thanks!

Carol

Diana Ball
near Houston, TX

next up:
Celeb Millie=96Med=96June 04, followed by a Nile cruise
Old May 18th, 2004, 12:05 AM

Thanks for your responses.

Carol

"D Ball" wrote in message
[...]

Celeb Millie-Med-June 04, followed by a Nile cruise