Vikings are Back

Old December 8th, 2006, 02:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default Vikings are Back

In article , Rosalie B.
wrote:

I have been to several beaches on St. John, but Trunk is not one of
them, mostly because of the admission fee.

It is a beautiful beach. The $4 (US National Park Service Fee) is worth
it as there are also excellent facilities, restrooms and showers. And a
lifeguard.

--
Charles
Old December 8th, 2006, 02:44 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

Charles wrote:

In article , Rosalie B.
wrote:

I have been to several beaches on St. John, but Trunk is not one of
them, mostly because of the admission fee.

It is a beautiful beach. The $4 (US National Park Service Fee) is worth
it as there are also excellent facilities, restrooms and showers. And a
lifeguard.

I've seen it - but only from the road. They have the facilities and
restrooms etc at Cinnamon Bay, and I've also been to Waterlemon, Great
Lamshur and Reef Bay beaches (all of the latter relatively deserted).
I'm more interested in snorkeling than I am in actually being on the
beach. Both of us have had melanomas removed, and even before that we
were more sailboat people than beach people.

Old December 8th, 2006, 03:44 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
Charles wrote:

In article , Tom K
wrote:

That's Charles... not me. I golf in Bermuda. He goes to Horseshoe Bay.

Trunk Bay is MY favorite too.

I don't think you have ever even been to Horseshoe Bay on all those
trips to Bermuda? g

I like both of them. I prefer Horseshoe for several reasons. One major
reason besides the fact that Horseshoe is a great beach is that it only
costs $5 round trip from your ships dock. To got to Trunk Bay it costs
about $40 roundtrip for transportation and $4 admission charge and is
more complicated and time consuming to get too from your ship.

I have been to several beaches on St. John, but Trunk is not one of
them, mostly because of the admission fee.

$4.00 ????

--Tom

Old December 8th, 2006, 05:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

"Tom K" wrote:

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
.. .
Charles wrote:

In article , Tom K
wrote:

That's Charles... not me. I golf in Bermuda. He goes to Horseshoe Bay.

Trunk Bay is MY favorite too.

I don't think you have ever even been to Horseshoe Bay on all those
trips to Bermuda? g

I like both of them. I prefer Horseshoe for several reasons. One major
reason besides the fact that Horseshoe is a great beach is that it only
costs $5 round trip from your ships dock. To got to Trunk Bay it costs
about $40 roundtrip for transportation and $4 admission charge and is
more complicated and time consuming to get too from your ship.

I have been to several beaches on St. John, but Trunk is not one of
them, mostly because of the admission fee.

I'm cheap. Why pay when you can go for free? Plus there are lots of
nice uncrowded beaches on St. John with better snorkeling. I don't
lie on the beach to sunbathe or read. And once you've taken a picture
of it, then what?