Earliest Return Flight From FLL after RCL Cruise?

Old October 8th, 2011, 04:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected][_1_]

Default Earliest Return Flight From FLL after RCL Cruise?

Hi all

I am sure this question has been asked, but I am going to ask again.

I am looking at flight out of FLL on Saturday May 5, 2012. My best
price is for a flight at 11:45am. Is this doable? Also any tricks for
getting off the ship earlier than others?

Thanks
Michael
Old October 8th, 2011, 06:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

wrote in message
Hi all

I am sure this question has been asked, but I am going to ask again.

I am looking at flight out of FLL on Saturday May 5, 2012. My best
price is for a flight at 11:45am. Is this doable? Also any tricks for
getting off the ship earlier than others?

Thanks
Michael

It's a bit risky, but I have booked 12:30 and 1:00pm flights and gotten to
the airport between 10:30 and 11. The way to get off the ship the earliest
is if you take all your baggage off with you instead of putting it outside
your cabin the night before. Then you can just walk off the ship as soon as
it has cleared. The port is not very far from the airport in Ft. Lauderdale.
Is the amount that you are saving in airfare worth the anxiety? Only you can
determine that. Good Luck!

--Jean

Old October 8th, 2011, 06:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected][_1_]

On Oct 8, 9:41*am, " wrote:
Hi all

I am sure this question has been asked, but I am going to ask again.

I am looking at flight out of FLL on Saturday May 5, 2012. My best
price is for a flight at 11:45am. Is this doable? Also any tricks for
getting off the ship earlier than others?

Thanks
Michael

It would cost me $200 more for a later departure or would require to
spend another night in Fort Lauderdale and then the I would pay
another $100 for the airfare.

Michael
Old October 9th, 2011, 05:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gerry[_2_]

On Sat, 8 Oct 2011 12:07:42 -0500, "Jean O'Boyle"
wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

Last December we took an NCLPanama Canal cruise from Miami to Los
Angeles. We had packed light and were walking off with all our luggage
so we expected to be off really early. However, it seemed as though
everybody else planned to do the same. Immigration and Customs
officials were on-board rather than in the port and at the end of an
incredibly long, slow line. It seemed as though this was a new
procedure for the ship's crew and it was not well organized. So, it
may take longer than you might expect.
Old October 9th, 2011, 05:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected][_1_]

On Oct 8, 9:41*am, " wrote:
Hi all

I am sure this question has been asked, but I am going to ask again.

I am looking at flight out of FLL on Saturday May 5, 2012. My best
price is for a flight at 11:45am. Is this doable? Also any tricks for
getting off the ship earlier than others?

Thanks
Michael

Thanks for everyone's replies. I think I am going to fly home on
Sunday instead of Saturday, unless the fares for later in the day on
Saturday go down a lot.

Michael