GGC2005 - Pre-Vote Announcement!!!

Old May 31st, 2004, 05:12 PM
Tom & Linda

Default GGC2005 - Pre-Vote Announcement!!!

"Lloyd Parsons" wrote in message

So how many times has Karen Wheelock posted on rtc?

Sue ---found no posts from Google Groups

I have no idea, nor am I overly concerned with that and neither was the
rest of the committee.

As you should know, it gets increasingly more difficult to get TA's
that will bid at all on the GGC's because of the flame level that
exists primarily here. When we posted for TA's to bid, she was one of
them.

Thanks for asking....

Perhaps next time it might be worth stating up front that the TA's that bid
don't have to be RTCr's. It might generate even more interest. Having the
stipulation, as in the past, that the TA must be an RTC poster reduces the
"pool" of TA's that can bid.

Even though you did get a non-RTC TA to bid this time, maybe if you state up
front that you don't have to be an RTC poster you'll get even more interest
next time.

--Tom

Old May 31st, 2004, 07:31 PM
Paul Hoffman

--
"Sue Keenan" wrote in message
I don't recall seeing a post from you saying you lifted the following
requirements?

1. Be a participating member in RTC
2. Be a full-time travel agent
3. Be owner, principal or can get permission to commit the agency to a
contract.

Sue

Holy Crap, the process has barely started and already there is dissension!
Good luck Lloyd.

Paul

Paul Hoffman
McMaster University Biology Dept.
Hamilton ON 905 525 9140 ext 24241 fax 905 522 6066
"The only thing more expensive than hiring a
professional, is hiring an amateur." Red Adair

Old May 31st, 2004, 08:07 PM
Lloyd Parsons

In article , Paul Hoffman

"Sue Keenan" wrote in message
I don't recall seeing a post from you saying you lifted the following
requirements?

1. Be a participating member in RTC
2. Be a full-time travel agent
3. Be owner, principal or can get permission to commit the agency to a
contract.

Sue

Holy Crap, the process has barely started and already there is dissension!
Good luck Lloyd.

Paul

Paul Hoffman

I'm a retired Navy Chief, how much do you think dissension is gonna
bother me? G

Lloyd
Old May 31st, 2004, 08:11 PM
Lloyd Parsons

In article , Tom &
Linda wrote:

[...]

I won't argue with that. But that isn't the way it was done this time.
Next GGC the committee can do like us and make their rules also.

For information, each GGC committee is empowered to do whatever is
ethical and legal to produce good results. They are not bound to the
previous committee's rules in any way except possibly that it makes it
easier.

And actually, there is no requirement that the GGC chair even empanel a
committee as I was told more than once.

All in all, I think we got some very nice bids that you all will find
at least one if not more to like.

Lloyd
Old May 31st, 2004, 08:15 PM
Lloyd Parsons

In article , Sue Keenan
wrote:

Lloyd Parsons wrote:
In article , Lloyd Parsons
wrote:

In article , Sue Keenan
wrote:

Lloyd Parsons wrote:

Woo Hoo! Did we get some nice bids in. And your ggc2005 committee has
been hard at work to decide what to put up for bid.

We got very nice responses from 4 Travel Agents, here they are (in no
particular order)
Karen Wheelock of WorldTravel Services of Tulsa, OK.
Cal Ford who we all know from here
John Szeto who has been trying forever it seems.
Peter Berlin who everyone also knows.

We've got selection out the wazoo this year!

You want a Western Caribbean? We got 'em, in more than one flavor
How about a West Coast? It is there too
New ships? Yep, got 'em

Great selection from a bunch of excellent TA's.

Voting will commence as soon as the website is updated to show the bids
selected for the vote. At that time we will also post the rules of
voting and how the results will be used if something doesn't pop up as
the hands-down favorite.

So keep watching www.ggc2005.com for the news!

Lloyd

Tropicale 2000
Sensation GGC2002
Golden Princess GGC2003
Radiance of the Seas GGC2004
Celebrity Millenium GLC2005

So how many times has Karen Wheelock posted on rtc?

Sue ---found no posts from Google Groups

I have no idea, nor am I overly concerned with that and neither was the
rest of the committee.

As you should know, it gets increasingly more difficult to get TA's
that will bid at all on the GGC's because of the flame level that
exists primarily here. When we posted for TA's to bid, she was one of
them.

Thanks for asking....

Lloyd

I got to thinking and maybe that answer is too short. Let me expand on
it.

When the committee was being formed and discussions started within the
committee, as well as the postings I made here about TA interest, the
many of the TA's that are here all the time would not bid, and we were
almost right.

I literally only knew of 2 TA's that would bid when I called for bids.
I had been on the phone to a number of TA's from RTC to try to recruit
them and had received not very encouraging conversations. I will not
say who I called, nor will I say what was discussed. But the
conversations led me and the committee to believe that the responses
would be minimal at best.

So we took the TA's that responded to the call for bids, and I thank
them for their responses and the hard work it took to do those bids in
the face of knowing that whoever wins (and maybe even doesn't win) will
take some flak from some here that get their jollies bitching.

All of that said, the bids that will be posted for voting are the ones
that are available for a GGC this coming year. We think they are
excellent bids, with a broad selection, much broader than in the past.
Soon it will be up to you as voters to decide which of these bids you
want. They will be identified as to who submitted so if that is a big
deal to you, you can factor that in.

Lloyd

I'm sure there are a lot of TAs that read rtc and don't post, but if
they didn't know the requirements had changed, how would they know to
ask for a rfb?

I don't recall seeing a post from you saying you lifted the following
requirements?

1. Be a participating member in RTC
2. Be a full-time travel agent
3. Be owner, principal or can get permission to commit the agency to a
contract.

Sue

Great 20/20 hindsight! G

All of this is true, but we did it the way we did it. In future
another committee may decide to do it differently. We like the results
and are not going to change anything at this stage of the game.

None of the previous committee's rules are required to be used at all.
I assume that all of the committee's have built on each other with
changes along the way. Actually, I know that is exactly how it has
been done.

We did ours our way because that seemed to be necessary as we were
seeing little positive feedback from anywhere about this GGC. I sure
saw and heard enough negative though!

Lloyd
Old May 31st, 2004, 09:17 PM
Peter Berlin

I think the important thing here is that the bids meet the
RFB as set by committee, and match the requests of those
that voted for their favorite type of cruise, to include the
various destinations and durations. As with all bidding in
the past, the total package featuring the rate and the
itinerary is what the GGC Cruise has been all about.

These are the things that your humble bidding Travel Agents
considered when they went to work to try to produce a Bid to
your (RTC Group) satisfaction. This was not an easy chore
and I am sure all the agents that participated had to put
many hours of work into creating their package as I did.
May the best bid win, and that's the way it goes!

Peter

........................snipped

Peter Berlin's Travel Center
800-874-6040

Old May 31st, 2004, 09:26 PM
Jean O'Boyle

All of this is true, but we did it the way we did it. In future
another committee may decide to do it differently. We like the results
and are not going to change anything at this stage of the game.

Nor should you be expected to, Lloyd... I am just grateful that you accepted
the chairmanship and that we have a committee that is willing to serve...
having read the past GGC's complaints about minor issues, makes y'all a
brave bunch and it sounds as if you are doing a good job and I can't wait
for the selections to be posted!

--Jean

Old May 31st, 2004, 09:47 PM
Lloyd Parsons

In article , Jean
O'Boyle wrote:

All of this is true, but we did it the way we did it. In future
another committee may decide to do it differently. We like the results
and are not going to change anything at this stage of the game.

Nor should you be expected to, Lloyd... I am just grateful that you accepted
the chairmanship and that we have a committee that is willing to serve...
having read the past GGC's complaints about minor issues, makes y'all a
brave bunch and it sounds as if you are doing a good job and I can't wait
for the selections to be posted!

--Jean

Thanks, but I certainly couldn't have done it alone. The committee
member are great to work with and in those instances when differences
of opinions came up, we were able to find that compromise that made it
all work smoothly.

Lloyd
Old May 31st, 2004, 10:02 PM
Freddyp

"Peter Berlin" wrote in message
hlink.net...
[...]

Your still up to your same old bull**** Petey. Are you going to be a problem
TA like you were last year? Are you going to make insulting comments to
PAYING passengers again? Are you going to cry about not making any money or
getting a free cabin again? I thought you said you were done with the likes
of GGC's. I smell a pile of **** and I'm not sure who it is, You or the
sailor boy. Funny how this works out, he uses you as a TA and now your back.
My money is on you and that stupid wife of yours on pulling the wool over
RTC eye's again. Now the killer is Stetzo and Ford as the scape goat bids,
one no name and we have or TA of choice PETEY.

Your Biggest Fan
Fred

Old May 31st, 2004, 10:08 PM
Lloyd Parsons

In article J3Nuc.1628$CW.898@lakeread05, Freddyp
wrote:

[...]

Hey, Freddy

Why don't you take your vile bitching and moaning over to
alt.nobody.gives.a.crap.what.you.say?