Where to find best price on cruises last min. to save $$$$$$$$

Old July 29th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Mark Biernacki

Default Where to find best price on cruises last min. to save $$$$$$$$

Ok, All you cruise gurus. Where do you go to get the best prices on
last min. cruise fares? Ore is it better to book a year in advance?

Thanks in advance,

Mark
Old July 29th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Howie

Mark Biernacki wrote:

Ok, All you cruise gurus. Where do you go to get the best prices on
last min. cruise fares?

From my TA. But a good data base to start with is www.vacationstogo.com

Ore is it better to book a year in advance?

Usually, this will cost you more.

Howie

Old July 31st, 2004, 12:08 PM
RichC

A few years back the cruise lines tried to get people into the mode of early
booking by promising bigger discounts & advertising that if you wait till
the last few weeks the price will much more. I idea never caught on & most
of the seasoned cruisers still waited until the last minute to book the best
deals. Some people even packed bags & waited at the docks & hoped to sail
on partially filled ships for a real deal. Since 9/11 those days are gone &
I believe the earliest date for booking is now about 30 days or so. There
are lots of good web sites to check prices mentioned in this NG or even
check out the local newspapers for the specials. Try
http://www.cruiseshopping.com/ for some specials. I've never found that
booking a year in advance saves a lot of money. I wouldn't book 1 year out
unless you have you heart set on a special ship or a specific cabin. If
your schedule allows, the best deals are the ones faxed to the TA's almost
on a daily basis but you've got to be flexible.

om...

Old July 31st, 2004, 02:42 PM
Charles

In article , RichC
wrote:

I idea never caught on & most of the seasoned cruisers still waited
until the last minute to book the best deals. Some people even
packed bags & waited at the docks & hoped to sail on partially filled
ships for a real deal. Since 9/11 those days are gone & I believe
the earliest date for booking is now about 30 days or so.

You can book a cruise close to the sailing date if there are cabins. I
get emails on sailings that are a week away. However cruise demand goes
in cycles. From what I have seen we may have entered a period of higher
demand and less last minute deals.

--
Charles
Old July 31st, 2004, 06:05 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 07:08:36 -0400, "RichC"
wrote:

A few years back the cruise lines tried to get people into the mode of early
booking by promising bigger discounts & advertising that if you wait till
the last few weeks the price will much more. I idea never caught on & most
of the seasoned cruisers still waited until the last minute to book the best
deals.

Hi Everyone,

In today's market place, if you care about the ship, itinerary,
pricing and/or cabin or any combination, you had best book as early as
possible. The ships are filling up much sooner than at any time since
9/11. The cruise lines are using their yield management to raise
prices as the ships are filling. I would estimate that about 50% of
my clients are not getting the ships, dates and cabin category that
they desire when they try to book less than 5-months in advance. This
is not to say that we can not find them a cabin or a ship but it is
not their first choice. Those that survey pricing know that it is up
10-20% from a year ago. This is not to say that there are not some
last minute sales but they are definitely fewer and farther between
than last year. A word to the wise... ;+)

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old July 31st, 2004, 07:11 PM
RichC

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
You can book a cruise close to the sailing date if there are cabins. I
get emails on sailings that are a week away. However cruise demand goes
in cycles. From what I have seen we may have entered a period of higher
demand and less last minute deals.

--
Charles

I haven't seen anything with dates that close in a while..what site are you
getting e-mails from?

Old May 7th, 2013, 07:30 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default daily deals in Washington dc

Save money on New look Deals with the Daily Deal. Check back every day for great daily deals in Washington DC at New Look Deals