Dutch Teen Tells His Side of the Story About Missing Alabama Teen

Old March 1st, 2006, 04:06 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean

Default Dutch Teen Tells His Side of the Story About Missing Alabama Teen

"Karen" wrote:

Rosalie B. wrote:
It's not like the Scott Peterson case where they found the body.

Rosalie rosalie rosalie. It's exactly like it, only that they found a
body in the Peterson case.

That's a big exception.

I think you are giving too much benefit to the doubt because Joran is a
kid, and I feel you like kids and see that kids can mess up and often
should be forgiven.

No that's not it. Whatever I may believe about what happened, you
have to have some evidence in order to arrest and jail someone.

Unless you can coerce them into confessing, you have to have some hard
evidence of some kind in order to convict someone of murder. And in
the US anyway, a person doesn't have to confess. They are innocent
until proven guilty - even OJ or Robert Blake.

How is this any different from those cases?

It isn't.

Except that in those cases there were bodies and there was evidence
that the victims were murdered. In the OJ case the prosecution
screwed up and the defense did a really good job. I didn't follow the
Blake case but the I'm assuming that the prosecution screwed that one
up too.

And Twitty's actions are aimed at getting Joran to confess because she
thinks he is guilty.

It's not like the Winona Ryder case, where it was mere shoplifting.

BTW it IS possible for someone to die without being murdered.
Possibly due to an OD of alcohol or some other drug interaction. Or
maybe being too drunk and drowning. That's why I'd insist on having
some evidence that she was murdered before yelling about murder.