America, the land of peanut butter

Old March 2nd, 2007, 11:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank F. Matthews

Default America, the land of peanut butter

Hatunen wrote:

On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 13:37:24 -0600, "Frank F. Matthews"
wrote:

Earl Evleth wrote:

On 28/02/07 3:19, in article
.net, "CalifBill"
wrote:

"It" may give up, of course, or the game may have some form of "game over"
rule. A common way of doing this is to shout "Alley, alley, oxen free!" or
"Ollie, Ollie, oxen free!" * probably a corruption of "All ye, all ye, oxen
free! (see discussion)" or the German "Alle, alle auch sind frei",
(literally, "Everyone, everyone also is free"). Another variant in the US
Midwest is "Ollie, Ollie, in come free". Charles Wilson wrote: ³When I was
growing up in the American South we actually said, ŒAll ye all ye outs in
free¹ when playing hide-and-seek (although we called it
Œhide-and-go-seek¹).²

Interestingly, apparently northern Ohio is in the south. At least I
remember Wilson's version from a rural area near Cleveland.

I'm from Warren, about 60 miles southeast of downtown Cleveland
and we also called it "Hide and go Seek". And called "Allee,
allee outsenfree" (that's what I thought it was). But Warren
exisgts in an area along the eastern border of Ohio that extends
doen to West Virginia and the area has quite a few language
variants, some of which go me laughed at in later years as I got
around the coutnry. I have now learned to say "creek" to rhyme
with "seek" rahter than saying "crick", and "roof" to rhyme with
"couth" instead of saying "ruoff" (that's the phonetic best I can
do, but it's kind of like a dog's bark). I no longer buy a sack
of groceries. I no longer apologize with a word that sounds like
the Asian item of dress, the "sari"t I still call my native state
"Ahya".

Ah. But I was almost in Lorain County. In fact, some of the kids I
played with were from there. Thus, at that time, the usage should have
included all of the Cleveland area.

Old March 4th, 2007, 07:11 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
poldy

In article ,
The Reid wrote:

Of course, here in the USA it derives from the Mexican concept. I
have no idea what "salsa" might mean in other parts of the
Spanish-speaking world.

Its a little vague what salsa (as a sauce) means in UK, I cant quite
pin it down, possibly has chopped stuff in it. In Spain I think it
just means sauce. "Salsa verde" for fish is common. Parsley and olive
oil etc.

I'm going to be renting an apt. in Madrid from a guy whose nickname is
"Nacho."

I thought that was a Mexican thing too.
Old March 15th, 2007, 05:16 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,alt.activism.death-penalty
Planet Visitor II

"Earl Evleth" wrote in message
On 26/02/07 19:09, in article ,
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

I hated the wartime product, too! (That was when I
discovered that bread can be perfectly palatable au
naturelle.) However, the flavor has much improved over the
subsequent years. I have yet to encounter one that REALLY
tastes like butter (despite the brand name of one of them),
but the modern versions are at least palatable.

One notes that bread in French restaurants is not normally served
with butter. One can asked for it, and fact if you order a plate
of cheeses often it will come with butter. At top restaurants
butter is usually served, often in little pots. In those cases
the restaurants have special providers.

I like eating buttered bread at these places but it is rapidly
filling and can spoil coming plates.

Next, there are a variety of butters having different
tastes depending on what the cows eat. I pretty much
remember American butter being pretty much all the same,
but I can be corrected on this point.

One web site

http://www.gourmetfoodstore.com/buttersandcreams/

discusses the various butters, you can click up the
details on

Italian Butters and Creams
French Butters and Creams
English Butters and Creams

Has one ever seen a less relevant thread to the subject of
the death penalty? Is there any question that Earl 'the
anti-Semite' Evelth, and Evelyn 'why can't I get a man?'
VogtGamble, belong together in their anti-American
raving?

Donna Evleth in a cry for help to AADP posted this comment --
"Earl's continuous, unrelenting anti-Americanism is a source
of ongoing embarrassment and pain to me and to others in
my family. However I have been to date completely
unsuccessful in my efforts to get him to stop." See -
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.a...8eb298ff86273e

While Earl remains stoically unmoved to the embarrassment
and pain he causes her.

Planet Visitor II
Official publisher of AADP Official dictionary
http://www.planetvisitor.name/dictionary.htm

Old March 19th, 2007, 05:56 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,alt.activism.death-penalty
Vishnu

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 21:19:22 +0100, Desmond "Mad Dog Nazi cocksucker" Coughlan
wrote:

From: "James Silverton" not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not
Newsgroups: rec.travel.europe,alt.activism.death-penalty
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 16:46:30 -0500
Subject: America, the land of peanut butter

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote on Sun, 25 Feb 2007
14:12:58 -0700:
ED the least expensive. (Some of the tasks kids were good for
ED were mixing the oil into peanut butter and the color
ED pellet/packet into margarine.)

That brings back memories of many years ago reading my
Grandmother's copies of the the Sturday Evening Post sent by her
sister in the US. I was puzzled for a long time about the
necessity for kneading in the coloring. I suppose it must have
been something insisted on by America dairy producers to make
things diffiicult for the competition.

I was one of the kids that mixed the margarine. It was indeed the dairy
producers who insisted on forbidding yellow margarine, so that it would not
compete with butter. The kneading part was done by breaking a pellet of
colorant into the margarine, which came in a bag. You then kneaded the bag.
This was a great improvement over the previous system, where the margarine
came in a white block which you put in a mixing bowl, then sprinkled the
color powder over it. Then you mixed with a wooden spoon. The mixing never
came out quite right with either system. There were often white spots, or
fiercely orange ones. Everyone in my family hated margarine, and after the
war was over, it never crossed our threshold again.

I made pasta once, and without checking the packaging, threw in a lump of
margarine (I usually put a knob of butter into pasta once it's cooked).

It's the sort of mistake you don't make twice.

You're not famous for learning from your mistakes, Nazi Coughlan. See --
http://www.planetvisitor.name/dipshi...gimmick_9.html
http://www.planetvisitor.name/dipshi...immick_13.html
http://www.planetvisitor.name/dipshi...immick_14.html

Planet Visitor II
Official publisher of AADP Official dictionary
http://www.planetvisitor.name/dictionary.html

Y.

--
Yitzhak Isaac Goldstein
AADP's 'left-wing Jewish intellectual'

Yitzhak was a victim of the Holocaust, Nazi Coughlan.
Just because you stole his "yellow star" so you could
whine that you are a victim of the Holocaust, you can't
legally use his name. Tell everyone again how I made
you wear it, when I don't accept that you are Jewish,
much less deserving to wear a "yellow star" from one
of your own victims.

You're not Jewish. See John Rennie spank you about
your claim that you are --
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.a...c993bba5d24130

But best of all... tell them how you feel that killing
six million innocent Jews is NOT EVIL, but killing
one single guilty murderer IS EVIL.

Look at them again, gentle reader... look at how he finds the
extermination of six million Jews to NOT BE EVIL, but
finds the execution of a single murderer (ANY MURDERER)
to be EVIL --

1) Killing six million Jews is not evil to you -- Your words --
"I do not find the Shoah 'evil'... " See --
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.a...524217c1b01a2c

Killing even one proven murderer is evil to you -- Your
words --
"... well the death penalty is evil." See --
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.a...724d905de73484

Nothing could more precisely have defined your views in
your own words.

Why would I need to call you a Nazi, when you so readily
offer your own words as proof of you being a Nazi? I
don't need to claim that "no one believes you," Nazi
Coughlan. I only ask that they DO believe you. I WANT
THEM to believe your words represent your Nazi Holy
Grail of how you feel about the Jewish victims of the Holocaust,
and ONE SINGLE MURDERER!!! With you feeling that
killing six million innocent Jews in the Shoah was not evil,
but killing any murderer is evil. That should put paid
to proving you're a Nazi to any rational human being.
Those who are not rational are not my concern. The
irrational are the ones you depend upon for support.