Avoid Sweden at all cost!!!

Old January 19th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Jeremy

Default Avoid idiots at all cost!!!

On 19/1/04 18:55, in article
. net, "Gregory Morrow"
wrote:

Jeremy wrote:

Sönke Tesch wrote in message

Peter Schneider wrote:

: The Rockstar wrote:
: : Europe has lost it soul. Do not waste your money.
: :
: : Soon they will be killing jews again!
:
: Avoid Israel and Israeli products at all costs.
:
: The Israelis are killing the Palestinians and are stealing their
: water and land. That is the reason for growing antisemitism in Europe.

There is absolutely NO excuse for killing, wether you are Israeli, Jew
or Palestinian. And those who judge about Jews in general because of the
current racist Israeli government are nuts anyway.

True, but:
a) Israel is the "Jewish State", and
b) The current racist Israeli government was democratically elected.

"Racist" Israeli government? How can that be? People of all races and
faiths live together in Israel. There are Arab members of parliament and
Muslims can freely worship.

Care to tell us which Arab states in the region allow Jews any religious,
civil, or political rights?

To relate the discussion to travel, you might want to take a look at William
Dalrymple's description of his travels to the Christian communities of the
Middle East and see if your glowing assessment of Israeli "democracy" still
stands:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/..._books_1_2/026
-8467608-2735614

Israel doesn't even treat all Jews equally, never mind other religious
groups!

J;

Old January 19th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Sjoerd

"Gregory Morrow" schreef in bericht
link.net...

"Racist" Israeli government? How can that be?

As long as my Jewish Dutch neighbour is allowed to immigrate to Israel
tomorrow, and I as a non-Jewish Dutchman am not allowed to do the same,
there is no other conclusion possible than that Israel discriminates based
on race/religion. In other words: Israel is a racist state.

Sjoerd

Old January 19th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Bjorn Olsson

Default Avoid Sweden at all cost!!!

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message ...
"Tom Bellhouse" wrote in message

One hilarious aside: The black ex-footballer
sergeant was in shorts for the day, and shorts
weren't allowed in the mosque. Our accommodating
host produced as shawl for him and wrapped it
around his waist to cover his legs better. I now
have a photo of this guy in a dress!

This is typical in many parts of Asia when one is not "properly" dressed to
enter shrines and noble houses.

Not only Asia. You can find some greek churches which will have a
large collection of various garments for loan for any tourist who
turns up with the wrong parts uncovered.

Bjorn
Old January 19th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Markku Grönroos

"Bjorn Olsson" wrote in message
om...
"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message

"Tom Bellhouse" wrote in message

One hilarious aside: The black ex-footballer
sergeant was in shorts for the day, and shorts
weren't allowed in the mosque. Our accommodating
host produced as shawl for him and wrapped it
around his waist to cover his legs better. I now
have a photo of this guy in a dress!

This is typical in many parts of Asia when one is not "properly" dressed

enter shrines and noble houses.

Not only Asia. You can find some greek churches which will have a
large collection of various garments for loan for any tourist who
turns up with the wrong parts uncovered.

That's right. Place to place Roman Catholics are touchy in this respect.

Old January 19th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Go Fig

In article , Sjoerd
wrote:

"Gregory Morrow" schreef in bericht
link.net...

"Racist" Israeli government? How can that be?

As long as my Jewish Dutch neighbour is allowed to immigrate to Israel
tomorrow, and I as a non-Jewish Dutchman am not allowed to do the same,
there is no other conclusion possible than that Israel discriminates based
on race/religion. In other words: Israel is a racist state.

Sjoerd

Of the some 10k jews left hiding in Amsterdam during WWII, fully half
of them were turned over to the Germans by their fellow Dutchmen...
just for being jews.

That is racists, and those people are dead at the hands of those racist
Dutch.

Why doesn't the EU release its report on anti-Semitism ALREADY??

jay
Mon Jan 19, 2004

Old January 19th, 2004, 08:35 PM
Padraig Breathnach

Go Fig wrote:

In article , Sjoerd
wrote:

"Gregory Morrow" schreef in bericht
link.net...

"Racist" Israeli government? How can that be?

As long as my Jewish Dutch neighbour is allowed to immigrate to Israel
tomorrow, and I as a non-Jewish Dutchman am not allowed to do the same,
there is no other conclusion possible than that Israel discriminates based
on race/religion. In other words: Israel is a racist state.

Of the some 10k jews left hiding in Amsterdam during WWII, fully half
of them were turned over to the Germans by their fellow Dutchmen...
just for being jews.

That is racists, and those people are dead at the hands of those racist
Dutch.

Why doesn't the EU release its report on anti-Semitism ALREADY??

You changed the subject, Jay. Why?

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old January 19th, 2004, 08:58 PM
Sjoerd

"Go Fig" schreef in bericht
In article , Sjoerd
wrote:

"Gregory Morrow" schreef in bericht
link.net...

"Racist" Israeli government? How can that be?

As long as my Jewish Dutch neighbour is allowed to immigrate to Israel
tomorrow, and I as a non-Jewish Dutchman am not allowed to do the same,
there is no other conclusion possible than that Israel discriminates

based
on race/religion. In other words: Israel is a racist state.

Sjoerd

Of the some 10k jews left hiding in Amsterdam during WWII, fully half
of them were turned over to the Germans by their fellow Dutchmen...
just for being jews.

What does that have to do with the topic under discussion?

That is racists, and those people are dead at the hands of those racist
Dutch.

Yes, there are racist Dutch people too, but they are not running this
country like the racists do in Israel.

Sjoerd

Old January 19th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Tom Bellhouse

"Padraig Breathnach" wrote
in message
(Jeremy) wrote:

Sönke Tesch wrote in

message
Peter Schneider wrote:

: The Rockstar wrote:
: : Europe has lost it soul. Do not waste

your money.
: :
: : Soon they will be killing jews again!
:
: Avoid Israel and Israeli products at all

costs.
:
: The Israelis are killing the Palestinians

and are stealing their
: water and land. That is the reason for

growing antisemitism in Europe.

There is absolutely NO excuse for killing,

wether you are Israeli, Jew
or Palestinian. And those who judge about

Jews in general because of the
current racist Israeli government are nuts

anyway.

True, but:
a) Israel is the "Jewish State",

But not supported in all its actions by all

Jews, not even by all
Israeli Jews.

and
b) The current racist Israeli government was

democratically elected.

That disturbs me, for I want to believe that

democracy is best in all
circumstances.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED

I think they democratically elect representatives,
and a relative few are on the far right. In order
to form governing coalitions, though, that nut
fringe has to be satisfied. That results in
policies that don't represent the majority, but
rather suck up to a relatively small minority.
The settlement issue is but one example. Census
information shows that the majority of Israelis
are actually secular and not active in their
religion.

Tom

Old January 19th, 2004, 09:12 PM
Go Fig

In article , Padraig
Breathnach wrote:

Go Fig wrote:

In article , Sjoerd
wrote:

"Gregory Morrow" schreef in bericht
link.net...

"Racist" Israeli government? How can that be?

As long as my Jewish Dutch neighbour is allowed to immigrate to Israel
tomorrow, and I as a non-Jewish Dutchman am not allowed to do the same,
there is no other conclusion possible than that Israel discriminates based
on race/religion. In other words: Israel is a racist state.

Of the some 10k jews left hiding in Amsterdam during WWII, fully half
of them were turned over to the Germans by their fellow Dutchmen...
just for being jews.

That is racists, and those people are dead at the hands of those racist
Dutch.

Why doesn't the EU release its report on anti-Semitism ALREADY??

You changed the subject, Jay. Why?

I don't think so.

The EU report on anti-Semitism that has been delayed and delayed in its
official release. However, it has been leaked and is widely available
(it will be very hard to reconcile new conclusions, when the report is
finally released).

It reports in many locales that anti-Semtism is indeed on the on the
rise yet the arrest records are not.

Why is there not the political will to enforce these laws... given the
history and legacy of institutional anti-Semitism in Europe this
question needs to be answered.

Sjord, does not seemed to be concerned about his own backyard.

jay
Mon Jan 19, 2004