I want to marry my dog!

Old February 25th, 2004, 06:41 AM
Miles

Default I want to marry my dog!

N. Czerniak wrote:

It ends at the Constitutionally required "Rational Basis" for a
discriminatory law. What is the rational basis for discriminating against
gays??

Who is discriminating against gays? Two hetrosexual men can't marry,
two gay men can't marry.

Old February 25th, 2004, 06:53 AM
Salad

Tom wrote:

Now that homos can marry each other and marriage no longer means union
between a man and a woman I was thinking, I really love my dog, he
loves me, we've been together for 5 years (long term commited
relationship) and we plan on spending the rest of our lives together.
Can I marry my dog?

Sure. Go ahead. BTW, will your dog where white?

Old February 25th, 2004, 07:00 AM
Miguel Cruz

Miles wrote:
Who is discriminating against gays? Two hetrosexual men can't marry,
two gay men can't marry.

So let's say that churches are banned but both Christians and Muslims are
freely allowed to attend mosque. No discrimination?

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/

Old February 25th, 2004, 09:05 AM
Reid

Following up to Tom

Now that homos can marry each other and marriage no longer means union
between a man and a woman I was thinking

no you were not, you're not capable of it, you're just reacting.
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Old February 25th, 2004, 09:41 AM
Talkin Horse

In a sane world, the forces that want to re-define marriage would have to
amend the Constitution, or at least the state constitutions. That's what was
required, for example, to end slavery, to give women the vote, to create an
income tax (big mistake!), to prohibit strong drink. No one can seriously
argue that the letter or spirit of the existing legal framework mandates gay
marriage. And shut up with the idiotic comparisons to Rosa Parks; the
differences between the sexes are real and substantial, which is why you
don't hear anyone calling for an end to "separate but equal" restrooms. And
even people who favor gay marriage should worry about an out-of-control
judiciary that can create law without statutory basis or precedent. If you
want it, play by the rules to get it. And if there are no rules, then don't
come crying for justice when you feel the taste of the lash across your
pitiful shoulders.

"N. Czerniak" wrote in message
It ends at the Constitutionally required "Rational Basis" for a
discriminatory law. What is the rational basis for discriminating against
gays?? There isn't one. There are several ample reasons for not allowing
three men/women to marry -- from child custody to inheritance. Use your
brain and study your government and it's most important document before

you
go around spouting off your baseless charges that other people don't know
what they're thinking by fighting for their rights.

Old February 25th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Miguel Cruz

Talkin Horse wrote:
In a sane world, the forces that want to re-define marriage would have to
amend the Constitution, or at least the state constitutions. That's what
was required, for example, to end slavery, to give women the vote, to
create an income tax (big mistake!), to prohibit strong drink.

Wasn't required, for example, to allow dual citizenship, to let the
president fight wars without permission of Congress, to end child labor, or
to prohibit marijuana. Your examples are cherry-picked nonsense.

No one can seriously argue that the letter or spirit of the existing legal
framework mandates gay marriage.

Who's mandating gay marriage? You are free not to marry a man.

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/
Old February 25th, 2004, 01:48 PM
maf 1029

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 22:13:02 -0500, Julian D.
wrote:

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 20:47:18 -0500, The Grammer Genious
wrote:

Tom wrote:

Can I marry my dog?

This is EXACTLY the kind of things people said when it was proposed that whites
and blacks could marry. And it's the same ugly thing.

What if 3 men want to marry each other?
Where does it end?

When the sky is done falling, Chicken Little.
Old February 25th, 2004, 01:52 PM
,The, Frog..

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 19:19:26 -0800, "Dennis Kemmerer"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Tom wrote:

Can I marry my dog?

This is EXACTLY the kind of things people said when it was proposed that

whites
and blacks could marry. And it's the same ugly thing.

What if 3 men want to marry each other?
Where does it end?

Look up 'slippery slope.'

Yeah, don't look at the Income tax system that was designed to only
tax the ultra rich. Wages were not taxable.

Now look what we have.

Get some new material.

[snip]

Liberalism is Communism one drink at a time. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old February 25th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Ninure Saunders

In article WqX_b.1177$h23.353@fed1read06, Miles
wrote:

-N. Czerniak wrote:
-
- It ends at the Constitutionally required "Rational Basis" for a
- discriminatory law. What is the rational basis for discriminating against
- gays??
-
-Who is discriminating against gays? Two hetrosexual men can't marry,
-two gay men can't marry.

Its discrimination based on GENDER.

If rwo heterosexual men want to marry, why shouldn't they be able to?

Tgat;s why it's a fallacy to say that "same-sex marriage" would give
"special-rights" to homosexuals...if fir whatever reason two non-related,
informed, consenting adults wished to have a secul marriage..would be able
to.

Ninure Saunders aka Rainbow Christian
http://Rainbow-Christian.tk

The Lord is my Shepherd and He knows I'm Gay
http://Ninure-Saunders.tk

My Yahoo Group
http://Ninure.tk

My Online Diary
http://www.ninure.deardiary.net
-
Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches
http://www.MCCchurch.org

To send e-mail, remove nohate from address