for american travellers in Paris

Old January 6th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Icono Clast

nitram wrote:
Icono Clast wrote:
Why didn't Truman invite top Japanese politicians and
brass to Alamogordo to witness the test there?

The fact that it took the dropping of two to make them
surrender answers your question. If one dropped didn't make
them surrender why should you think that watching a demo
would?

That's after the fact of the Alamogordo test where the Japanese
could have witnessed, and pondered, what could have happened
before it did thus saving many Japanese lives.

Do you think they didn't ponder after the first bomb was dropped
on Japan. The Japanese could have saved countless lives.

I'm sure they did. Has why they didn't surrender after the first bomb
was dropped ever been reported?
A San Franciscan in (where else?) San Francisco
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 IClast at SFbay Net
Old January 6th, 2005, 03:36 PM
JohnT

"nitram" wrote in message
On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 02:14:45 +0100, Mxsmanic
wrote:

nitram writes:

The Emperor, the government and generals knew about it.

They had trouble understanding and believing what they were told.

There was split between the army on one side and the and the Emperor
and his politicians on the other.
The Japanese army wanted to fight to the last man.

I suppose you were there as an alien observer?

I'm not at liberty to discuss that.

So much for freedom of information :-)

There is no Freedom of Information Act on his home Planet of Spiridon.
Ex-term-in-ate.

JohnT

Old January 6th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Mxsmanic

nitram writes:

There was split between the army on one side and the and the Emperor
and his politicians on the other.

No, they just weren't quiet sure what was going on.

Old January 7th, 2005, 03:35 AM
Mxsmanic

nitram writes:

That's your opinion.

Why do you feel compelled to point out that it is my opinion? You did
not feel compelled to make the same observation concerning your own post
(and neither did I, since it is self-evident).

Old January 7th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Mxsmanic

nitram writes:

because as usual you offered no evidence for your opinion, but
frequently expect evidence from others.

No. You offered no evidence for yours, and I said nothing. You asked
for evidence to support my opinion, even though you had provided no
evidence for yours, and so I simply called you on it.

It's just your opinion, not fact as far as I am concerned.

How is this any different from _your_ opinion?