Mexican Food or "Fed up...."

Old February 7th, 2005, 08:59 AM
The Reids

Following up to Deep Foiled Malls

I am not sure what they mean by a 'stick' of butter. I take it bacon
grease is just bacon fat. Is buttermilk just cream?

buttermilk
noun [mass noun] the slightly
sour liquid left after butter has
been churned, used in baking or
consumed as a drink.
--
Mike Reid
Wasdale-Thames path-London-photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old February 7th, 2005, 08:59 AM
The Reids

Following up to nitram

I don't know but I would assume not.

You can on the one that crosses the Tees.

I don't know if that's a pointer or not.
Old February 7th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Padraig Breathnach

Magda wrote:

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 04:59:59 +0000, in rec.travel.europe, Julie
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this :

... On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 13:11:32 GMT, Deep Foiled Malls
... wrote:
... I like the absence of any health warnings.
... I am not sure what they mean by a 'stick' of butter. I take it bacon
... grease is just bacon fat. Is buttermilk just cream?
... Buttermilk is what it is called. It's readily available in
... supermarkets.

Mascarpone.

Marscapone is not buttermilk. True buttermilk is the residue left
after milk has been churned for butter. The stuff you buy in
supermarkets is chemically treated to acquire similar properties.

In many recipes, sour milk can successfully substituted for
buttermilk.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old February 7th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Padraig Breathnach

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 11:16:10 +0000, in rec.travel.europe, Padraig Breathnach

... Magda wrote:
... On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 04:59:59 +0000, in rec.travel.europe, Julie
... arranged some electrons, so they looked like this :
... ... On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 13:11:32 GMT, Deep Foiled Malls
... ... wrote:
... ...
... ... I like the absence of any health warnings.
... ...
... ... I am not sure what they mean by a 'stick' of butter. I take it bacon
... ... grease is just bacon fat. Is buttermilk just cream?
... ...
... ... Buttermilk is what it is called. It's readily available in
... ... supermarkets.
... Mascarpone.
... Marscapone is not buttermilk. True buttermilk is the residue left
... after milk has been churned for butter. The stuff you buy in
... supermarkets is chemically treated to acquire similar properties.

Just dilute it with milk or water and you have a substitute.

Sounds okay.