American Expats: Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder...Of Somebody Else

Old September 27th, 2010, 11:58 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
PJ O'Donovan

Default American Expats: Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder...Of Somebody Else

Monday, September 27, 2010
American Expats: Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder...Of Somebody
Else

Michael Philips points out a problem with American expats: they’re a
huge source of anti-American invective. A funny thing for people too
detached to still genuinely understand the place and the people that
they’re generalizing about.

Excerpt:

"I remember 40 continuous years of idle expat discussions, cocktail
parties and dinner parties where Americans are the first and most
vocal to express hate for Nixon, Reagan, George W. Bush, Sarah Palin,
Rush Limbaugh.. the list is endless and the patois is pure hate-
America Liberalism...."

source:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/4zEvleths269c10

Sure sounds very familiar to me on Usenet!

Hammer Hits Nail On Head, IMO
Old September 27th, 2010, 12:05 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
GLOBALIST

Monday, September 27, 2010
American Expats: Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder...Of Somebody
Else

*Michael Philips points out a problem with American expats: they’re a
huge source of anti-American invective. A funny thing for people too
detached to still genuinely understand the place and the people that
they’re generalizing about.

Excerpt:

"I remember 40 continuous years of idle expat discussions, cocktail
parties and dinner parties where Americans are the first and most
vocal to express hate for Nixon, Reagan, George W. Bush, Sarah Palin,
Rush Limbaugh.. the list is endless and the patois is pure hate-
America Liberalism...."

source:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/4zEvleths269c10

Sure sounds very familiar to me on Usenet!

Hammer Hits Nail On Head, IMO

Isn't it simply amazing that these folks are perfectly comfortable
living somewhere else and here you thought the earth revolved around
the United States. Hate to alarm you but there are tons of Americans
living all over the world.
Old September 27th, 2010, 12:17 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
PJ O'Donovan

Monday, September 27, 2010
American Expats: Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder...Of Somebody
Else

*Michael Philips points out a problem with American expats: they’re a
huge source of anti-American invective. A funny thing for people too
detached to still genuinely understand the place and the people that
they’re generalizing about.

Excerpt:

"I remember 40 continuous years of idle expat discussions, cocktail
parties and dinner parties where Americans are the first and most
vocal to express hate for Nixon, Reagan, George W. Bush, Sarah Palin,
Rush Limbaugh.. the list is endless and the patois is pure hate-
America Liberalism...."

source:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/4zEvleths269c10

Sure sounds very familiar to me on Usenet!

Hammer Hits Nail On Head, IMO

Follow up with appropriate quote:

"American liberals don't love America. They despise it. All they love
is their own fantasy of what America could become. They are false
patriots."

Old September 27th, 2010, 12:33 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
Rick[_12_]

Monday, September 27, 2010
[...]

"What does this Anglophile, who fell in love with the country in the 1970s,
make of the Britain of 2010? "Well, I wouldn't live here if the positives
didn't far outweigh the negatives. Before the election, I interviewed the
three main party leaders, and it struck me how lucky your country was to
have had three such able, smart, fundamentally decent people to choose from.
In my country, you can get a really decent president followed by a crazy,
scary one. Or an idiot."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/8025142/Bill-Bryson-Have-faith-science-can-solve-our-problems.html

Old September 27th, 2010, 04:30 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
Earl Evleth[_1_]

On 27/09/10 13:05, in article
,
"GLOBALIST" wrote:

Hate to alarm you but there are tons of Americans
living all over the world.

"According to recent estimates by the U.S. State Department, there are 6.6
million Americans living overseas"

Some of these are American citizens but born overseas. Others are just
adventurous.

Old September 27th, 2010, 05:28 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
DVH[_1_]

Monday, September 27, 2010
[...]

How about follow up with something you thought up yourself?

Old September 27th, 2010, 07:16 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
Runge 124

Default Adventurous evleth from his leather couch

"Earl Evleth" a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : ...
On 27/09/10 13:05, in article
,

Old September 27th, 2010, 11:02 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
Bill Bonde[_2_]

Earl Evleth wrote:
On 27/09/10 13:05, in article
,
wrote:

Hate to alarm you but there are tons of Americans
living all over the world.

Of course with Americans, that's only a couple two or three per ton.

"According to recent estimates by the U.S. State Department, there are 6.6
million Americans living overseas"

Some of these are American citizens but born overseas. Others are just
adventurous.

Some like the health care.
Old September 29th, 2010, 12:03 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
PJ Himselff

Monday, September 27, 2010
[...]

Another follow up:

"Reader Doug left the following prescient note in the comments on the
common expatriates’ hatred of ones’ own:

I'm an ex-pat buckeye who's been living in Germany for 19 years
after being stationed here for 6 years before that. and you can
believe me when I say that I've lost more friends than won because of
my views. And I do have a useful job.

[ ... ]

.The last 9 years have in many ways been the hardest in my life.
But IMHO being right is more important than being liked. and from
experience I can say that many useless expats love dragging the US
down. Some fools enjoy ingratiating themselves with their hosts no
matter what. I even went as far as to hang a picture of W in my lab
just to f#&k with people.

A picture of George Bush where it can’t be avoided is also something
one can truly do to test people’s ‘tolerance’ for ideas other than
their own, especially those who are more interested in talking about
their own breadth than actually practicing it. Are these ‘inclusive’
lefties not the ones saying how they must “get in the face” of those
who don’t carry their water?

When it comes down to it, most leftists’ touted Agora of Ideas®©™, is
a sullen and silent breadline where all are forced to finish off their
LuRPs and are forced to profess their thanks for it."

http://preview.tinyurl.com/4zEvleths271c10

Check the comments section for confirmations on this disease of anti
American venom so endemic with these expats in Europe as so constantly
conveyed by the Evleths on Usenet