Heathrow tube location?

Old October 17th, 2003, 10:50 PM
Yankee Bob

Default Heathrow tube location?

I will be flying in to Heathrow on AA. How do I get to the tube station? Is
it clearly marked or am I going to get lost?

Yankee Bob Inc.
(At a loss for something clever to say here)

Old October 17th, 2003, 11:30 PM
David Bennetts

"Yankee Bob" wrote in message
. ..
I will be flying in to Heathrow on AA. How do I get to the tube station?

Is
it clearly marked or am I going to get lost?

Yankee Bob Inc.
(At a loss for something clever to say here)

It's not that clear to start with, but presuming you're coming in at
Terminal 3 you go down a wide ramp also marked for Heathrow Express and the
other terminals. Once underground you'll easily find signs and the familiar
London Transport sign of the O with a horizontal line thru it.

You buy your tickets before getting on the train, also pick up free maps of
the underground there. If you're going to change from the Piccadilly Line
for other stations, make sure you do so at Hammersmith or Barons Court,
where there is a convenient cross-platform connection for the District Line,
at other stations you'll have to contend with escalators, lifts (elevators
to you) and steps which isn't much fun if you have heaps of luggage.

Regards

David Bennetts
Australia

Old October 18th, 2003, 03:18 AM
Miguel Cruz

Yankee Bob wrote:
I will be flying in to Heathrow on AA. How do I get to the tube station? Is
it clearly marked or am I going to get lost?

I believe the signs all say "Underground". It's pretty easy. Or just ask
anyone.

miguel
Old October 18th, 2003, 12:35 PM
Me

In article ,
"Yankee Bob" wrote:

I will be flying in to Heathrow on AA. How do I get to the tube station? Is
it clearly marked or am I going to get lost?

Its marked. If you have trouble finding the boarding area for the tube,
just ask one of the airport security guards. No big deal.
Old October 18th, 2003, 06:18 PM
ramraideruk

"Yankee Bob" wrote in message
. ..
I will be flying in to Heathrow on AA. How do I get to the tube station?

Is
it clearly marked or am I going to get lost?

Yankee Bob Inc.
(At a loss for something clever to say here)

No problems. You'll be arriving at terminal three and tube directions are
clearly signposted on a yellow board with black writing. Or just ask any
member staff. they will be happy to help

Old October 19th, 2003, 06:37 AM

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 18:18:16 +0100, "ramraideruk"
wrote:

"Yankee Bob" wrote in message
I will be flying in to Heathrow on AA. How do I get to the tube station?

Is
it clearly marked or am I going to get lost?

Yankee Bob Inc.
(At a loss for something clever to say here)

No problems. You'll be arriving at terminal three and tube directions are
clearly signposted on a yellow board with black writing. Or just ask any
member staff. they will be happy to help

'Underground' is the terminology you should be looking for on the
signs. Heathrow Express for the fast link, although I've never used it
so can't give you any info on it.

MJ