Who travels to Bermuda, What age group?

Old March 29th, 2007, 05:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
skimap

Default Who travels to Bermuda, What age group?

I will be sailing to Bermuda on the Celeb Journey this summer.
What is the
average age of people who take this cruise. I am 45 and my daughters
are 20 and 18. I am not looking to spend a week with grandma and
grandpa and talk about medicare d problems.

Thanks

Mike

sorry for repost, typo errors

Old March 29th, 2007, 06:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
chris2x

My family and I sailed on the Empress of the Seas to Bermuda in the
Summer. There was a cross section of people. Plenty of grandmas and
grandpas but also lots of kids.

I have one episode on St George's in my podcast and another one
comparing that cruise to a windjammer barefoot cruise

Chris Christensen
http://AmateurTraveler.com

Old March 29th, 2007, 08:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Mar 29, 12:21 pm, "skimap" wrote:
I will be sailing to Bermuda on the Celeb Journey this summer.
What is the
average age of people who take this cruise. I am 45 and my daughters
are 20 and 18. I am not looking to spend a week with grandma and
grandpa and talk about medicare d problems.

Dunno about Celebrity. But went last summer on Explorer of the Seas,
and there were old, young, teens, lots of small kids. Good cross-
section.

Loved Bermuda:

Asked the transportation captain on the dock for a tour guide, rented
a van with trained driver for about $35 an hour... we ended up being
with him for seven hours... had a great time.

An added bonus for us.. it was really nice to drive to the port
(Bayonne) instead of flying, too. Coming back, got off and was home
in an hour. Loved it.

Kev

Old March 29th, 2007, 09:36 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Boomer

"skimap" wrote in message
oups.com...
are 20 and 18. I am not looking to spend a week with grandma and
grandpa and talk about medicare d problems.

I doubt if you'll find many old timer cruisers complaining about medical
problems. Most of the elderly cruisers are fairly active & on all the
cruises that I've taken to Bermuda there were a good mix of all ages. I've
also found that most of the older crowd avoid the summer cruises & migrate
to fall & winter when there are less kids & better prices.

Old March 29th, 2007, 10:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LeeNY

On Mar 29, 3:29 pm, wrote:

Asked the transportation captain on the dock for a tour guide, rented
a van with trained driver for about $35 an hour... we ended up being
with him for seven hours... had a great time.

Wow. That's a lot of money. For under $25 per person, you can pick up
a 3-day bus pass, and pretty much get anywhere you want on the island.
Brought along a few guides (Fodors-type books), picked up some
brochures and maps at the pier, and we were self-guided.

I'm sure your day with the guide was wonderful, but Bermuda is really,
really easy to do independently...

Lee

Old March 29th, 2007, 10:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article .com,
LeeNY wrote:

Wow. That's a lot of money. For under $25 per person, you can pick up
a 3-day bus pass, and pretty much get anywhere you want on the island.
Brought along a few guides (Fodors-type books), picked up some
brochures and maps at the pier, and we were self-guided.

The money is well worth it for a guided tour. Probably most people
would want not want to do the whole seven hours at one shot like Kev,
although I was up for more after the first three hours on the tour we
took last year. For three hours it came out to $30 a person including
tip, split six ways. Three hours does about half of Bermuda. I would
like to do the other half guided some day. I had done the three day bus
pass with guide books a couple times in the past. No comparison. On the
three hour guided tour I saw more, and learned more about Bermuda than
I had on the buses and ferries. I highly recommend doing a guided taxi
van tour.

--
Charles
Old March 29th, 2007, 11:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Charles wrote:
In article .com,
LeeNY wrote:

[...]

I love getting the bus pass, but only if you have specific places you
want to go to. I think with a guided tour, like Charles says, you really
get to see the island and know what you are looking at.lol

If we can get a group together to split the cost, I would like to do a
tour while we are there in sept. Maybe this time we can see if we can
customize our tour.

sue
Old March 29th, 2007, 11:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Sue and Kevin Mullen
wrote:

If we can get a group together to split the cost, I would like to do a
tour while we are there in sept. Maybe this time we can see if we can
customize our tour.

I would like to do the other half which I did not do last time, the
South Shore. They will customize.

--
Charles
Old March 29th, 2007, 11:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

wrote:

If we can get a group together to split the cost, I would like to do a
tour while we are there in sept. Maybe this time we can see if we can
customize our tour.

I would like to do the other half which I did not do last time, the
South Shore. They will customize.

Maybe Lola and John would join is, that would make 5 of us. I don't
think Sheree and family would be interested, but I might be wrong.

sue - can't wait untill the journey on Journey!