Paris CDG or Beauvais

Old January 23rd, 2009, 12:34 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default Paris CDG or Beauvais

I'm flying to Paris in April and can get a flight for almost half the
price by flying to Beauvais (£59 v £120). I know Beauvais is a long
way out but what would folks recommend I do. Pay the extra and have a
shorter journey or is the trip from Beauvais tolerable?

Thanks.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 06:09 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Wiener Sänger

On Jan 23, 5:34*am, wrote:
I'm flying to Paris in April and can get a flight for almost half the
price by flying to Beauvais (£59 v £120). I know Beauvais is a long
way out but what would folks recommend I do. Pay the extra and have a
shorter journey or is the trip from Beauvais tolerable?

Thanks.

Personally I would go to CDG. Note that the RER B train is the
cheapest way to get to Gare du Nord, at EUR8.40 (last time I checked).
Your trek to your departure airport in the UK will also be easier, if
you take a British Airways web fare from Heathrow for example. I
don't think it is as much as £120,
Old January 23rd, 2009, 06:19 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge13[_2_]

Depends on the time of your return flight ie will you have to sleep in
Beauvais on the way out ?
Yes it is feasible, un pleasant but feasible.

Old January 23rd, 2009, 08:24 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
didier Meurgues

On 23 jan, 01:34, wrote:
I'm flying to Paris in April and can get a flight for almost half the
price by flying to Beauvais (£59 v £120). I know Beauvais is a long
way out but what would folks recommend I do. Pay the extra and have a
shorter journey or is the trip from Beauvais tolerable?

Thanks.

In CDG the RER B trains to Gare du Nord, Chatelet etc... arrive inside
terminal 2.
T1 an T2 are linked by light metro.
cost : 8.40 € and 25 mn (8.90 € with Roissybus)

In Paris the Ryanair bus stop is on the West side and edge of Palais
des Congrés. The metro and RER are 5 mn away on its East side. map :
http://www.aeroportbeauvais.com/img/plan_paris.gif
Beauvais is 80 km away (1 h15 mn) and it costs 13 € or 26 € for return
ticket :
http://www.paris-beauvais.fr/?gclid=...FRdatAodlAdMmQ
In Beauvais airport the Ryanair bus stop in just in front the exit of
luggage room.

The local bus stop to the railways station is just the other side of
the street next to the fenced car park and costs about 1 €.
map : http://www.beauvais.fr/pages/aimerbv...planreseau.jpg
timetables of line 12 (or 11B partial during week ends or public
holidays) on pages 30 to 35 : http://www.beauvais.fr/pages/accueil...eil=centre.php
To print, since no timetable in the bus shelter next to railways
station !

For Beauvais visit : http://www.beauvais.fr/eng/
Rather well rebuilt despite WWII destructions : cathedral, tapestry
museum, bishop palace (museum), church, roman wall & ruins, few timber
houses on the spared edges.

The trains arrive at gare du Nord :
http://www.aeroportbeauvais.com/acces.php?lang=eng
http://www.ter-sncf.com/picardie/index.asp
it takes 1 h 20 mn and costs 12 € or 24 € for returm ticket

So with the 1 € local bus that makes 13 €, similar to Ryanair bus .

didier Meurgues
Old January 23rd, 2009, 08:36 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
didier Meurgues

On 23 jan, 21:24, didier Meurgues wrote:
On 23 jan, 01:34, wrote:

[...]

http://www.beauvais.fr/pages/aimerbvs/transport.php then "guide
horaire" at end of page
http://www.beauvais.fr/pages/accueil...=accueil=centr....

The trains arrive at gare du Nord :http://www.aeroportbeauvais.com/acce...rdie/index.asp

http://www.voyages-sncf.com/

Old January 24th, 2009, 10:43 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
trallala[_2_]

the bus from Beauvais airport costs 13 Euros
and takes 1:15 to Porte Maillot
http://www.aeroportbeauvais.com/bus.php?lang=fr

:

Old January 24th, 2009, 12:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
trallala[_2_]

Beauvais avoids
the no man lands trip
from CDG to Paris

Old January 25th, 2009, 03:12 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Thanks to everyone for your replies.

Ed.