Ryanair to charge for use of toilets

Old February 28th, 2009, 05:09 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ian F.

Default Ryanair to charge for use of toilets

"PatTX" wrote in message

And, naturally, they're getting tons of free advertising out of this. In a
week or so, they'll just retract their statement.

And by doing so, appear to have a heart after all! Clever PR.

Ian

Old February 28th, 2009, 05:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Lennart Petersen

"Markku Grönroos" skrev i meddelandet

"Lennart Petersen" kirjoitti

"Markku Grönroos" skrev i meddelandet

"Lennart Petersen" kirjoitti

For my last trip with Ryan, Stockholm-Paris (NYO-BVA) i paid 611 SEK
(US$68) but for the return with Air baltic (CDG-ARN) i paid 1704 (US
$189) leaving US$ 121 for other things.
Like for taxi rides to Nyköping (and further to Skavsta) and from
Beauvais to Paris?

No. Bus.
But for what odd reason should a taxi trip go through Nyköping and not
directly to NYO ?

Nyköping can reside directly en route.

????????????????

Old February 28th, 2009, 07:01 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Markku Grönroos

"Lennart Petersen" kirjoitti

"Markku Grönroos" skrev i meddelandet

"Lennart Petersen" kirjoitti

"Markku Grönroos" skrev i meddelandet

"Lennart Petersen" kirjoitti

For my last trip with Ryan, Stockholm-Paris (NYO-BVA) i paid 611 SEK
(US$68) but for the return with Air baltic (CDG-ARN) i paid 1704 (US
$189) leaving US$ 121 for other things.
Like for taxi rides to Nyköping (and further to Skavsta) and from
Beauvais to Paris?
No. Bus.
But for what odd reason should a taxi trip go through Nyköping and not
directly to NYO ?

Nyköping can reside directly en route.

????????????????

The Skavsta airport resides just outside downtown Nyköping. Seven kilometres
out from the city hall. Less than six kilometres off the highway 4. In
Nyköping you steer off highway 4 to road 52. After a couple of kilometres
you turn right (north) to the airport. Got it?

Old March 1st, 2009, 08:52 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Markku Grönroos

"Alan S" kirjoitti
om...
On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 10:49:59 -0600, "PatTX"

The old "no publicity is bad publicity" may be true in
cinema and show biz but I don't think it is in the Airlines
business. Maybe Ryanair think it is, but I think time may
prove them wrong in case.

Like Aeroflot, I would not fly Ryanair if they gave me free
rtw tickets.

Ryanair is actually a competitively punctual airline. Their network is also
pretty extensive in Europe. It does or does not offer cheaper rides than
other airlines. Secondary expenses and time wasted when one must find his
way out or in an airport in the middle of nowhere may sound most
unattractive an option to many. However Ryanair is out there as a choice and
a chance.

Old March 1st, 2009, 10:18 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
William Black

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message

Ryanair is actually a competitively punctual airline.

I flew with them just twice (to and from Italy).

On the way out the aircraft was two hours late leaving the ground.

On the return trip we all got on a bus and drove 200 miles to another
airport for some reason never explained.

No aerobridge, they used steps because it was cheaper, in the rain, at
both ends...

Never again...

--
William Black

Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren’t lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live.

Old March 1st, 2009, 10:33 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Markku Grönroos

"William Black" kirjoitti

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message

Ryanair is actually a competitively punctual airline.

I flew with them just twice (to and from Italy).

On the way out the aircraft was two hours late leaving the ground.

It still is a punctual airline.

No aerobridge, they used steps because it was cheaper, in the rain, at
both ends...

Ryanair typically operates terminals which don't facilitate such devices.
You take it so that filling the cabin from only one end would be a
preferable method over this one used by Ryanair?

Old March 1st, 2009, 10:36 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ian F.

"William Black" wrote in message

Never again...

Nor me. I've had nothing but appalling experiences with Ryanair - rude,
incompetent staff, delays and so on.

No amount of money-saving is worth the stress they cause.

Ian

Old March 1st, 2009, 10:51 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
William Black

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message
news

"William Black" kirjoitti

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message

Ryanair is actually a competitively punctual airline.

I flew with them just twice (to and from Italy).

On the way out the aircraft was two hours late leaving the ground.

It still is a punctual airline.

Not in my experience.

How often do you fly with them?

No aerobridge, they used steps because it was cheaper, in the rain, at
both ends...

Ryanair typically operates terminals which don't facilitate such devices.

Utter rubbish.

At all three airports (one being Standstead) there were aerobridges without
aircraft at them.

You take it so that filling the cabin from only one end would be a
preferable method over this one used by Ryanair?

I don't want to stand in a queue in the rain.

I don't have to do that when I catch a bus or a train these days, there are
covered shelters. Why should I to get on an aircraft?

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old March 1st, 2009, 11:19 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Markku Grönroos

"William Black" kirjoitti

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message
news

"William Black" kirjoitti

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message

Ryanair is actually a competitively punctual airline.

I flew with them just twice (to and from Italy).

On the way out the aircraft was two hours late leaving the ground.

It still is a punctual airline.

Not in my experience.

Your experience is not an argument. It is far too narrow to work as a base
for a comparative analysis between airlines in terms of punctuality. Ryanair
has quite competitive a record in this fashion. I assume one reason for this
is in the nature how the company operates:

they fly to provincial (secondary) airports in high frequency. Big
international airports are complex and this complexity increases odds for
delays. And when delays occur it typically means that the next available
slot is well ahead.

How often do you fly with them?

A few times.

No aerobridge, they used steps because it was cheaper, in the rain, at
both ends...

Ryanair typically operates terminals which don't facilitate such devices.

Utter rubbish.

No it isn't. For instance the terminal 2 at the Pirkkala airport serves as
an example.

At all three airports (one being Standstead) there were aerobridges
without aircraft at them.

This is another example.

You take it so that filling the cabin from only one end would be a
preferable method over this one used by Ryanair?

I don't want to stand in a queue in the rain.

So you would leave the rain quicker if there was only one queue instead of
two?

Old March 1st, 2009, 11:19 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

"William Black" wrote in message

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message

Ryanair is actually a competitively punctual airline.

I flew with them just twice (to and from Italy).

On the way out the aircraft was two hours late leaving the ground.

On the return trip we all got on a bus and drove 200 miles to another
airport for some reason never explained.

You were lucky.

They used to just say "flight cancelled, here's your 4.99 back, go away"

tim