Flight time: Houston/Bush from Galveston

Old October 10th, 2003, 03:40 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Default Flight time: Houston/Bush from Galveston

We will be on the Rhapsody of the Seas, docking in Galveston at 8am on a
sunday. Is a 1:05 PM flight a good choice, it is an hour and a half from
Galveston to Houston/Bush?

thanks,
sue

Old October 10th, 2003, 08:51 PM
Florence and Lou Roth

Sue
We have a 1:10PM flight. We checked with Galveston Limousine Service &
they said there would be no problem. They charge $60 ( $55 sr. citzn )
per person round trip.
Maybe we can share the limo.

Florence

Old October 10th, 2003, 09:26 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Florence and Lou Roth wrote:

Sue
We have a 1:10PM flight. We checked with Galveston Limousine Service &
they said there would be no problem. They charge $60 ( $55 sr. citzn )
per person round trip.
Maybe we can share the limo.

Florence,
I saw your post on cruise critic and was waiting to respond untill we
had our plane tickets. Now we have plane tickets, so I can begin to
think about ground transportation.

Was Galveston Limo recommended to you, or did you find it on your own?
Also do they have a website? $60/person round trip sounds like a good
price.

Do you have a hotel reservation yet?

sue

Old October 10th, 2003, 10:45 PM
Florence and Lou Roth

Sue
www.galvestonlimousineservice.com
A while back there was a thread on Cruise Critic on this topic & many
members recommended them, so I just bookmarked it.
I'm leaning toward booking Best Western also. Got an AARP rate of $112
for Fri. nite & $144 for Sat.nite. I think it's cheaper than your rate
because we're booking 2 nites. It's hard finding a good deal because
it's Mardi Gras in Galveston that weekend. We really only need a clean
place to sleep since we'll spend all day Saturday at Moody Gardens
anyway.

Florence

Old October 10th, 2003, 11:23 PM
John W. Negus Company

I took that Cruise in August, when we arrived back in Galveston it took
quite a long time to disembark, we were traveling with a friend who had
parked his vehicle at the cruise terminal, I assume that this was part of
the reason for the later disembark, we were off the ship at about about
11:00am we had to get to the airport to fly out at 4:30 PM so we had plenty
of time, traffic at that time was light, I assume with the earlier flight,
they would let you off earlier.

Old October 10th, 2003, 11:30 PM
Jean O'Boyle

Florence and Sue,
That is a very good price for both ways! According to their schedule, you
would have to be off the ship before 10AM. Depending on traffic and Houston
can be very bad at times, you will probably have no problem making it in
time for your 1:10 PM flights.
Looking forward to seeing y'all!

--Jean

Old October 11th, 2003, 12:20 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

John W. Negus Company wrote:

I took that Cruise in August, when we arrived back in Galveston it took
quite a long time to disembark, we were traveling with a friend who had
parked his vehicle at the cruise terminal, I assume that this was part of
the reason for the later disembark, we were off the ship at about about
11:00am we had to get to the airport to fly out at 4:30 PM so we had plenty
of time, traffic at that time was light, I assume with the earlier flight,
they would let you off earlier.

If you friend had his car at the terminal, he would of been one of the
last ones off the ship. If this ever happens to you again, tell them
that he is driving you to the airport.

Thanks,
sue

Old October 11th, 2003, 12:27 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Florence and Lou Roth wrote:

Sue
www.galvestonlimousineservice.com
A while back there was a thread on Cruise Critic on this topic & many
members recommended them, so I just bookmarked it.

Thanks, I will look into this and if we do book with galveston limo, I
will be sure to tell them that we are traveling together.

I'm leaning toward booking Best Western also. Got an AARP rate of $112
for Fri. nite & $144 for Sat.nite. I think it's cheaper than your rate
because we're booking 2 nites. It's hard finding a good deal because
it's Mardi Gras in Galveston that weekend. We really only need a clean
place to sleep since we'll spend all day Saturday at Moody Gardens
anyway.

Your price at BW for sat night is a little less then ours, we are paying
about $160. You probably got a break because you booked for two nights.
We have asked Lori to try to get the Tremont for us, if she can't at
least we have the BW already booked. You are so right, the prices are
high because of Mardi Gras. But at least we will be in NO for the real
Mardi Gras.

sue

Old October 11th, 2003, 12:35 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
Florence and Sue,
That is a very good price for both ways! According to their schedule, you
would have to be off the ship before 10AM. Depending on traffic and Houston
can be very bad at times, you will probably have no problem making it in
time for your 1:10 PM flights.
Looking forward to seeing y'all!

The price does look good and seems to be ok for the trip home. I am not
sure the times would be right for our trip down to Galveston. Our flight
gets into Bush a few minutes before 2pm and there is no way we would
make the 2pm shuttle. Then the next shuttle is at 3:30, getting to
galveston at 5:30. I am assuming that the limos arrive and leave on this
fixed schedule?

sue

Old October 11th, 2003, 01:53 AM
Florence and Lou Roth

Sue
We'll have the same problem when we arrive in Houston on 2/20. Figure
we'll take turns sitting with the luggage while the other goes to find
somethig to eat. Don't feel like dragging suitcases thru the terminal.
We won't get fed on the plane so we should be pretty hungry. By then
we'll be ready for the 3:30 shuttle.

Florence