Way OT Warning

Old March 2nd, 2004, 04:11 AM
Dick Goldhaber

Default Way OT Warning

I received the following e-mail message, allegedly from our friends at eBay. Folks, I have never offered or sold anything on eBay nor have I ever bought anything.

Please note the spelling and grammar...

Dear eBay user ,
We didn't received your update information.

During our regular update and verification of the accounts, we could not verify your current information. Either your information has changed or it is incomplete.

As a result, your access to bid or sell on eBay has been restricted

The message then goes on to ask for my eBay user ID and password. I hope that nobody out there falls for this sham.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Anybody But Bush

Old March 2nd, 2004, 05:13 AM
JLP20

This is nothing new, same type of scam is sent out almost daily.

The interesting thing is eBay has a small paragraph some where on their site,
basicly saying if you fall for it, to bad.
"Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot" JLP20
Old March 2nd, 2004, 05:16 AM
MsPatty4

I received the following e-mail message, allegedly from our friends at =
eBay. Folks, I have never offered or sold anything on eBay nor have I =
ever bought anything.

I have used ebay before. I get those emails regularly. They usually say my
account will close if I don't update my credit card information. Send it to
. If it's really from ebay they will address you by your real
first and last name. it's sad to think that some people actually believe the
emails and click the links and give out information.

~ Patty
Old March 2nd, 2004, 08:45 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"MsPatty4" wrote in message
I have used ebay before. I get those emails regularly. They usually say

my
account will close if I don't update my credit card information. Send it

. If it's really from ebay they will address you by your

real
first and last name. it's sad to think that some people actually believe

the
emails and click the links and give out information.

I have never used ebay, yet I have gotten the same request for updating and
telling me that I have a balance on an account that I have never opened!
Delete, delete, delete and do not fall for it!

--Jean

Old March 2nd, 2004, 08:20 PM
Heather

Greedbay® Spoofs are not alone...Paypal ones are often dispatched as well. Just
got a Paypal Spoofster with a Return-Path of someone at a Yahoo Address. Crappy
try too, fonts were wrong and the whole thing in general looked nothing like
anything from Paypal.
-Heather
Remove CanOspam to email
http://members.aol.com/nookeybear/index1.htm