Carrying Oxygen on the plane

Old March 4th, 2004, 06:32 AM
Ken

Default Carrying Oxygen on the plane

My mother in law needs oxygen all the time and is planning to travel by air
soon. Most airlines don't allow oxygen canister on the plane but some
aircrafts are equipped to provide oxygen on the plane with a fee.

For example, Delta charge $100 per segment (sp?) if a passenger needs oxygen
service. So, if you need to fly round trip with one stop, that $400
additional to the ticket......

Anyone knows any cheaper way to do this?

Thanks
Kenny

Old March 4th, 2004, 07:34 AM
mtravelkay

Ken wrote:
My mother in law needs oxygen all the time and is planning to travel by air
soon. Most airlines don't allow oxygen canister on the plane but some
aircrafts are equipped to provide oxygen on the plane with a fee.

For example, Delta charge $100 per segment (sp?) if a passenger needs oxygen
service. So, if you need to fly round trip with one stop, that $400
additional to the ticket......

Anyone knows any cheaper way to do this?

The airlines charge a fee. Either the fee is paid or you don't get
the service. What alternative were you looking for?

AA also charges $100, so I assume it is a common fee, but it looks
like not all of the airlines publish the amount on their websites. I
guess if you want to look for a lower rate, you could call all of the
airlines to your destination.

There is no oxygen service on Jet Blue and Southwest according to the
info on their websites.j

Old March 4th, 2004, 08:22 PM
mtravelkay

Ken wrote:
Thanks for the info. I guess I was looking for a cheaper fee....

Kenny

Did you call the other airlines that serves that route?
The websites don't all list the fee.

Old March 6th, 2004, 08:21 AM
Dennis P. Harris

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 00:32:57 -0500 in rec.travel.air, "Ken"
wrote:

Anyone knows any cheaper way to do this?

go by amtrak, take her own oxygen.